Grow yields

patmrtnscks

Is it possible to yield as much per plant using the right mix of soils and nutes as in a hydroponic setup? Im doing my first hydro grow, and so far Im really not that wild about it. Im excited at the poential yield, but Im not really wild about the setup.

no mater what your setup is the 1st few times you grow, you will not yield as much as you could. I'm no pro but from what I have been reading is that Hydro setups just decrease the amount of time it takes to crop out but should yield roughly around the same amount if not more.

You also have to take in consideration of your environmental factors, are you going to be adding CO2 to the grow? C02 can add a 15-25% in yield... Also I've been reading that these New Advanced LED lights are yielding more then traditional lighting systems.

Well, the plant I was growing died on me for some reason, so right now Ive got nothing. Im gonna germ 2 BlackJack seeds from Nirvana tomorrow, and do 1 in fox farms ocean forest and happy frog mixture, and 1 hydro in my bubble bucket and see what I get from each. I have a co2 system, and should be getting a 1kw mh/hps from my buddy that just quit growing. I think I can grow some good things in my tent with that 1kw light and the right soil and nutes. Im also gonna use advanced nutrients connoisseur for both my soil and hydro plants so I can see for myself the difference between soil and hydro. Ive heard that the hippies up in oregon with their medical cards are getting huge yields off of growing in soil with organic nutes. My friend that lives and grows there said it has to do with using worm castings. Everything Ive heard about LEDs is that they are shit and arent worth the hype. Someone did a grow journal with a LED experimental grow, and the yield was disappointing, and LEDs are WAY more expensive.

Hi buddy, how u goin??
Well IMO you can get exactly the same amoount of weed from your plant with soil vs hydro.
If you use a HID light and your growing in soil, ur basically growing hydroponically anyway, the main difference is just the way people choose to feed their plants- usually its just an individual nutrient solution either P - K - N thats added with the water so her nutes are somewhat more chemical like rather than getting the same nutes from a fertiliser or such.
As said some full hydro's are just for speed of growth n maturity, but if you havent seen a few setups for urself or dont have the equip. or knowledge to fully run a hydro effectively can get confusing and lead to probs fairly quik. That said, basic hydroponics is easy enuf to master, just some ppl like to do it some dont.
I personally prefer a soil grow, and as close to natural nutes as possible, i use a MH light, and feed her every 3 days now her pot is 35 litre.. My last single plant in soil inside, grown as normal no LST etc; was 5ft and gave me 8 oz dry cola;s and some small buds.

As long as you dnt over think things and use the k. I. S. S. Rule youll be ok. I use soil( komas mix 1 bag happy frog, 3 cups acient forest 2 cups worm castings and so oregonism. I water with pureblend pro grow n bloom liquid karma and molasses. I use bio bud as a flowering additive but the key is to keep your ph in check. Soil should be 6.5-6.8 hydroponic is roughly 5.8ish. Good luck and remember kiss.

Back
Top Bottom