How to properly flush before harvest?

lookntoimpruv

I bought a 20x and 40x mic and saw all the threads on the trichs being the right color. I am in the middle of week seven and I really can't tell if they are clear or milky but they certainly are not amber. When I start to see some amber trichs I was going to start the flush. I have 4-5 gal planters so should I just flush with like eight gal. or so just once and just let it go for a few days or do I give it like one or two gal every day for like a week? I also wanted to give it a few real dry days to trick her into producing defense resin. Is this tactic even worth it and if it is do I do it before or after the final flush?
One more thing? Is fist. Is it benificial to buy a flushing agent for this or is dist. water just as good?

If you wait until you see amber trichomes you may be too late. If you gave your plants eight gallons of water and then just plain water when needed the final two weeks I would consider that a very good flush. By the final two weeks your plants have everything they need to finish in top form. By just giving plain water the plant will take needed nutrients from the leaves which is what you want. A good way to tell if you flushed properly is after the cure the ash will be light in color and consistency. If the smoke has trouble staying lit, sparks or if the ash is dark and clumps of it will not burn up then you are smoking fertilizer and the flush was not a good one. I like to harvest when the soil is dry as I do believe the resin production is up and also the herb will dry faster on the line. I have not used a flushing agent and think RO or distilled water should work just fine although there may be situations where using a flushing agent is beneficial such as when using chemical fertilizers. I just don't know on that one but hopefully someone who has experience with flushing agents will let you know what their experience with them is.

If you wait until you see amber trichomes you may be too late. If you gave your plants eight gallons of water and then just plain water when needed the final two weeks I would consider that a very good flush. By the final two weeks your plants have everything they need to finish in top form. By just giving plain water the plant will take needed nutrients from the leaves which is what you want. A good way to tell if you flushed properly is after the cure the ash will be light in color and consistency. If the smoke has trouble staying lit, sparks or if the ash is dark and clumps of it will not burn up then you are smoking fertilizer and the flush was not a good one. I like to harvest when the soil is dry as I do believe the resin production is up and also the herb will dry faster on the line. I have not used a flushing agent and think RO or distilled water should work just fine although there may be situations where using a flushing agent is beneficial such as when using chemical fertilizers. I just don't know on that one but hopefully someone who has experience with flushing agents will let you know what their experience with them is.

I thought you were supposed to see amber trichs then flush and cut. I am looking to make this as strong as possible.

when i was still learning i did not flush.. and as stated above the ash was dark and the herb popped like the 4th of july... Flushing to me now is a must.. quality is 10x better to me it seems.. and the taste is always spot on after my cure

I use Clearex sometimes. It does do a good job of rinsing out your soil/medium very quickly. I will see leaves yellowing soon after using it. The same effect can be achieved by using plain water- it just takes more water without a flushing agent. I don't believe that flushing removes anything from the plant itself. That isn't how plants work, from what I can understand. Flushing clears the growing medium of nutrients and allows the plant to use up whatever is available in the leaves. If you manage the plant's feeding very well through and taper off the nutrients before the last few weeks you probably don't need to flush. Generally though it's a quick and way way to know your plant roots are not still swimming in fertilizer.

interesting... all this time I've never used anything to assist my flushing but lately i have read numerous posts on different forums about people adding chemicals to there flush water... still on the fence weather to give this a try or not

Clearex is basically sugar water. Like I said though, it does seem to work- as I see the foliage yellow up more quickly than it would otherwise, unless I push huge amounts of water through. There are diy versions of it. You'll find a thread on it in this forum. I haven't had the time to try making one yet and this jug of clearex has lasted me years because I don't use it all the time. I run on rainwater and sometimes need to conserve. Here is an interesting link as well.Making Isotonic Solutions For Draining : Preparing Your Own ? and better ? Clearex | Science in Hydroponics

Im not an expert but I wait until almost all are amber some are even popped. I think I wait to long. This year I will try to be better. With the long wait its stonier meds. however.
I was told you pick when you HAVE to
Its better to wait another week.
Now all this theory is based off it being illegal and being ripped off.
The last 2 weeks I use strait water

Back
Top Bottom