Thread: How to properly flush before harvest?

420 Member

How to properly flush before harvest?

I bought a 20x and 40x mic and saw all the threads on the trichs being the right color. I am in the middle of week seven and I really can't tell if they are clear or milky but they certainly are not amber. When I start to see some amber trichs I was going to start the flush. I have 4-5 gal planters so should I just flush with like eight gal. or so just once and just let it go for a few days or do I give it like one or two gal every day for like a week? I also wanted to give it a few real dry days to trick her into producing defense resin. Is this tactic even worth it and if it is do I do it before or after the final flush?
    One more thing? Is fist. Is it benificial to buy a flushing agent for this or is dist. water just as good?

Re: How to properly flush before harvest?

If you wait until you see amber trichomes you may be too late. If you gave your plants eight gallons of water and then just plain water when needed the final two weeks I would consider that a very good flush. By the final two weeks your plants have everything they need to finish in top form. By just giving plain water the plant will take needed nutrients from the leaves which is what you want. A good way to tell if you flushed properly is after the cure the ash will be light in color and consistency. If the smoke has trouble staying lit, sparks or if the ash is dark and clumps of it will not burn up then you are smoking fertilizer and the flush was not a good one. I like to harvest when the soil is dry as I do believe the resin production is up and also the herb will dry faster on the line. I have not used a flushing agent and think RO or distilled water should work just fine although there may be situations where using a flushing agent is beneficial such as when using chemical fertilizers. I just don't know on that one but hopefully someone who has experience with flushing agents will let you know what their experience with them is.

420 Member

I did not start to flush yet I thought a few days would be ok.

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    If you wait until you see amber trichomes you may be too late. If you gave your plants eight gallons of water and then just plain water when needed the final two weeks I would consider that a very good flush. By the final two weeks your plants have everything they need to finish in top form. By just giving plain water the plant will take needed nutrients from the leaves which is what you want. A good way to tell if you flushed properly is after the cure the ash will be light in color and consistency. If the smoke has trouble staying lit, sparks or if the ash is dark and clumps of it will not burn up then you are smoking fertilizer and the flush was not a good one. I like to harvest when the soil is dry as I do believe the resin production is up and also the herb will dry faster on the line. I have not used a flushing agent and think RO or distilled water should work just fine although there may be situations where using a flushing agent is beneficial such as when using chemical fertilizers. I just don't know on that one but hopefully someone who has experience with flushing agents will let you know what their experience with them is.
    I thought you were supposed to see amber trichs then flush and cut. I am looking to make this as strong as possible.

420 Member

Anyone have info on wether to use a flushing agent or is Dist. water good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by lookntoimpruv View Post
    Anyone have info on wether to use a flushing agent or is Dist. water good enough?
    plain water is fine some people dont even flush smoke and taste is all in the cure really