Spanish grow - my first grow

Odriel

Hi guys,

At first, sorry for my english, I know it's not well.

I've make an homemade closet to my plants. Its 50x43x70 (in centimeters) and its walls with reflect fabric bought in a grow shop.

IMG_20140926_220329.jpg

The bulbs are two:

-CFL 40w,6400k,?lm ( chinesse shop), cold light
-CFL 45w,6400k,2700lm, cold light

I've thought to buy one more 45w bulb cold light too, but I've seen warm light is better for flowering, so I don't know if I should buy one with warm light or what.

I can't spend very much money and I want to try to xploit my low quality equipment. Maybe I can buy any bulb more but....

I have two PC fans (12v) higest to take off the air and lowest to introduce it.

I dont know the origin of the seeds, because they was given to me by a friend. So I have to wait.

The plants now are OK, they have one week since I planted the germinated seeds. I will upload a actual picture at night, now they are in dark period. Now they have 18h light and 6h darkness.

These pics are from last days.
IMG_20140926_221335.jpg

IMG-20140928-WA0001.jpeg

Normally inside the closet is 27-30º degrees and 50/60% humidity.

The door is not the final door. Now I have a white cardboard door and look like this.

IMG_20140926_221531.jpg

Please I need ur tips to help me. I am poor and I cant spend so much xD

Thanks.

Re: Spanish grow (my first grow)

Oh yes, i was thinking that, but i was no sure. I will move them closer when light turns off. How far from the bulb?
Now i cant move the bulbs because they are fixed to the walls.

2.5-5cm for bulb distance. but don't let the plant touch the bulb.

For that number of bulbs, I would only suggest 1 plant. I would also suggest 1 plant based on the size of the grow chamber.

Take a little time to read over this topic: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
You will find a lot of great information in there to help your grow.

I could buy 1 or 2 bulbs more. Maybe one 45w warm light, coz
.. Could i use my lights for florating?

You can use CFLs for flowering, just get the warm type of light.
I really like the look of that reflective material, what is it called?

You can use CFLs for flowering, just get the warm type of light.
I really like the look of that reflective material, what is it called?

It's Diamond reflective. I buyed it in a grow shop in my city. It's reflective diamond and black in the other side. The reflection is 99% of the light.

Some growers like to use 6500K bulbs for Veg, and 2700K bulbs for Flower, I like to use both, so you should have no problems if you grow using half of each bulb.

And do u think if I buy one 45w warm light, I have enougth for this grow?

Now the plants:

IMG_20140930_005305.jpg

I guess if money is a problem, you should make a reflector for those bulbs, and get some yoyo's to raise/lower light when needed. And if you're able to get some for little money look for t5/t8 tubes for the sides.

Which type of homemade reflector do u think can I make better? I already have diamond reflector (not very much) i have seen some homemade reflector on internet and I am not sure which one has better results.

Do u mean t5/t8 tubes in the corners?

Stupid question: Can I post URL from youtube?

HID lighting, and LED lighting won't work well in small grow cabinets due to the additional space needed between the canopy and the light.

Odriel: Can you make 2 shelves for the plants, and place one directly under each light? That will help stop the stretching, and give them great lighting for now. Adding more lights in the future will help a lot. Do you have a hardware store near you? Look for something called a light socket splitter. It turns 1 light socket into 2, and the cost is very cheap. (About $1 USD for each splitter) That will give you a great start for a light boost.

And check out this topic: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know There's a lot of great information all in one place for you (I saved that page in my bookmarks I use it so much lol)

I was searching some of them today and I couldn't find them. I will try in this days.

Now the plants are little, so I will have this temporary reflectors :smokin:
IMG_20141001_225022.jpg

I need to think how I will make and good reflector with height regulator, the plants in the bottom. I am seeing what can I use.

I have found that at home. Any idea?
IMG_20141002_005203.jpg

When the time of transplanting comes, can I use this king of rock in the bottom of the new pots, for the drain of irrigation water.

IMG_20141001_171957.jpg

Now the plants.

IMG_20141001_225032.jpg

Thanks for helping guys, thanks a lot.

Que pasa tío?
Looking good odriel!!!
Those ladies look happy!
What's the name of that rock?

Back
Top Bottom