Super Lemon Haze - First grower needs help

dembe417

Hello all of you I am new here. I will start growing in a couple of days and I have some questions.

I have a growing tend with dimensions 0,8x0,8x1,8 meters. 400 watt HPS lighting, and a basic fan. I will use soil and my soil consists of %20 soil %35 compost %10 vermicompost %30 perlite and %5 premix with a pH 6.6

My questions:
1) I have 5 super lemon haze seeds and how many seeds should I use in this system?
2) My town will be very cold at the end of the november and I cannot keep my plants warm enuogh although they are inside. How many days after planting should I change the photoperiod of the plants from 18/6 to 12/12 to start flowering time? And at least how many weeks should I keep them on that period before harvest them to get something good. Don't forget I have totally 11 weeks for everything. :)
3) Using nutrients with this soil is logical? I've really no idea( I think most important question)
4)Finally how often should I water?

If you have any suggestions except these, I want to hear them with relish. Thank you :):thanks::Namaste:

Hey there,
I suggest you start here
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know .

Remember, If those seeds aren't feminized you will have to check their gender and hope at least half, or more, of them are female (the gender that produces the buds).

Since you're limited on time, this really doesn't leave you much time for vegetative growth so I think multiple small plants will be your best bet if you're set on growing now. Personally, I'd wait til you have a little more time as this sounds like your first grow and you want to have extra time for the unexpected.

EDIT: Just looked up flowering time for Super lemon haze = 10 weeks. This leaves you a week to germinate and veg your plant. I'd consider finding more time or waiting :/

Hope this helps a little!

LB420

If your lighting heats your grow, as my Hid lights do, you could get some autoflowering seeds and leave the lights on 24 hours- or insulate well (as I did) so that temps don't dip too far during lights off. I have two rooms - veg and flower, and I stagger the lighting so that one is always on producing heat which helps keep the next door room warm during lights out . I agree- 11 weeks isn't long enough. Even if you put them into 12/12 from seed- they still won't get mature enough to start flowering for at least four weeks or more- then you only have maximum 7 weeks after that which is unrealistic.

Thank you for all of the comments. Yes they are feminized. On the web sides of one seed bank,which is very good bank, I watched video related to super lemon haze. They keep plants in vegetative stage for 2 weeks. 63 days flowering and harvesting. It suprised me a lot but here people say at least 4 weeks for vegetative stage. Also some web sites say 7-9 weeks for the lemon haze some say 10 weeks. But I think I have to keep them 3-4 weeks in vegetative stage, 8 or maximum 9 weeks in flowering stage if I consider all of these conditions.

EDIT:Super Lemon Haze grow video the video that I mentioned. Confused me a lot.

Thank you for all of the comments. Yes they are feminized. On the web sides of one seed bank,which is very good bank, I watched video related to super lemon haze. They keep plants in vegetative stage for 2 weeks. 4-5 weeks flowering and harvesting. It suprised me a lot but here people say at least 4 weeks for vegetative stage. Also some web sites say 7-9 weeks for the lemon haze some say 10 weeks. But I think I have to keep them 3-4 weeks in vegetative stage, 8 or maximum 9 weeks in flowering stage if I consider all of these conditions.

Yes, I agree with allowing them to vegetate as this is what happens in nature. If you really want to know when your plants are finished flowering, you can look at the trichomes through a cheap microscope. You can even harvest at various times for a bud that produces either a more heady or more body high, whichever u prefer.The link posted below has some info on harvesting.

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

LB420

Yes, I agree with allowing them to vegetate as this is what happens in nature. If you really want to know when your plants are finished flowering, you can look at the trichomes through a cheap microscope. You can even harvest at various times for a bud that produces either a more heady or more body high, whichever u prefer.The link posted below has some info on harvesting.

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

LB420

Thank you for your advices and I read info related to trichomes thay you posted. I want to see high cerebral effects with some body high. I think early harvesting such as 8 9 weeks will be enough for these effects.

Cannabis does not begin flowering until it is mature enough to flower. This is what I mean about vegging for about a month. The plant physically is not capable of starting to bud till it reaches a certain age, no matter what lighting schedule you use. Auto flowers seem to bud younger. I haven't grown any of the haze strains but I'm pretty sure they tend to grow quite tall. This can be managed, but perhaps you would be best to grow not more than two plants in that space

Back
Top Bottom