Cheapest way to grow indoor

stonedclown

does any one here have any advice to start a small cheap indoor growing thing:laughtwo:

get your self a flourescent flood lite that produces 60 watts or more don't pay more than $25 on it they sell these at home depot or cosco. a couple 2 gallon pots and you're growing one plant per pot they need their space you can get illaborate later

Oh and soil would be nice too.

dont i need to like put tin foil up or sumthin

you don't need to give it anything but light and water. the more you do in regards to reflection the faster it will grow. tinfoil works but just painting the inside of the grow room white works better otherwise you can get mylar. I found solar shields for your car at the 99 cents store which would work if you use aluminum use the dull side. There's an infinite amount of things you can do just keep reading and experementing if you need help ask and soon you'll be giving us new ideas

thanxs but i have another question when i buy the lights do they need like idenification or what happens when u buy it

when you buy lights or anything for growing pay cash if they ask you for id just leave don't say anything to them

I used to work at a hardware store and I never cared what people bought. The only thing they're trained to check is that a person buying spray paint is over 18. you could be buying flood lights for anything.

cool i can have my lights by tuesday

anyone can buy flood light because they also seel them for people who have reptiles like me.

Depending on how large the plant is and how much soil you have, the frequency of watering will change. I tend to water when my soil has dried out a considerable amount. Usually when the first 2-3 inches of soil are dry. If you can get a feel for how heavy the pot is after watering and then when it is needing water that is another way to easily check without getting dirty.

Just don't over-water and you will be fine. :ganjamon:

Start with cool floros, high in blue light and can almost touch the plant no harm. I use a shop light set up with 2 4' 40w cool white floros total $12 or cheaper(bulbs incl) on sale. Get some styro cups, i use 32oz that i can veg until they sex (3-4 weeks). Poke holes with a toothpick in bottom for drainage and fold 12" piece of aluminum foil in quarters to cup around bottom of cup for runoff capture. Soil can be an expense, but well worth the expense to start and grow those plants correctly. So, bite the bullet and get proper soil such as FFOF and no it won't burn the seedling. DON'T fert for at least 2+ weeks from germination. Then fert at 1/3 prescribed (mine like to start with alaska fish fert 5-1-1).

ffof and miracle grow moisture control ...really as long as ure nutes are in check and u do an nice 30 to 50% mix down with large grain peralite there is no difference, in a smaller area if u have doe for it and want to go ahead on the ffof or what ever medium, just sayin as long as the enviroment is good they will flourish no matter what, medium is just an additive, and a moisture meter for testing the soil is awesome so u dont over water and u can figure out the perfect time to water(if they dont tell u by sayin "feed me daddy") that way u dont have any over watering issues and humidity problems due to over watering.

ffof and miracle grow moisture control ...really as long as ure nutes are in check and u do an nice 30 to 50% mix down with large grain peralite there is no difference, in a smaller area if u have doe for it and want to go ahead on the ffof or what ever medium, just sayin as long as the enviroment is good they will flourish no matter what, medium is just an additive, and a moisture meter for testing the soil is awesome so u dont over water and u can figure out the perfect time to water(if they dont tell u by sayin "feed me daddy") that way u dont have any over watering issues and humidity problems due to over watering.
Not trying to be contrary, but just want to give my input. Soil is huge. Balanced, pest free, no time release stuff. Been indoor growing soil/seed for over ten years and tried all the different soils. Start with FFOF purchased from indoors if possible, for sure add some perlite, @20% is fine, but no need for anything else for at least 2-3 weeks, or until they ask for fert usually by yellowing of the colydons at their tips. Moisture meters are a waste imo. Don't want to stick something through my roots anyway. Simply lift the cup or bucket to test for water weight and water accordingly. The plants do indicate when they need water by droop, but don't wait for that sign. I let my cups get quite light before watering, to promote root search.

mabey a waste to some one who knows, im glad its that easy for u , but instead of taking ten years to sharpen that skill u can dip a moisture meter by ur drip line{outer edge of bucket to get an idea) just a way to get to know ur containers and medium faster, not a waste at all, mabey for u,i know i can know let my ladies tell me what they need when they need it but that was four years of trial and error, i respect ur input as far a knowledge, but just remember everyone cant b a G"" and further more about the meters i use ten gallon pots so it was nice to know when i didnt and was ten bucks to find out what my ph is and moiter levels when ever, i know its not as accurate as far as oh exacts but a very good realitive area, thanks for the insite, but in my humble experience moisture meters are worth it, and ffof wasnt, mabey im trippin or mabey the difference is so minimal i did notice in my sitch, but still got info man... just acurate for a smaller target of growers
:grinjoint:

Breathe easy, many ways to grow, just trying to keep it simple. I just believe that the moisture meter is something that can go wrong,(and they do!) and surely didn't take many years of indoor soil grows to realize how foolproof lifting the soil pots is (mine are 7gal in flower). As for soil, did countless side by side grows various soils, my own mixes, and for me only, FFOF is best out of bag soil mix for beginners or experienced. I didn't like MG. That's just my input, no contest. I don't work for either company, i'm retired. Peace and great growing!!!

i totaly agree about the lifting method, and am trying to master it, was just saying meter helps not over water, i guess sounds kinda, dumb, but i also have my mom "running" around having"fun" so i needed somthing visual for her to use and to not water just cause the top looks dry, so i am curious now, mg is what i started i now mix 50 50 with moisture max seems to b better for root growth, ?? as u can tell i have alot of good trial and error experience just getting to the science's of things, and mabey when i used ffof i was messing up in other areas that woulda caused results i was seeing, so in my sitch, do u think that ffof would b bang for buck, by no means do i like to cut corners, just afraid to stray from what is doing better than "good" , but i bet it was enviroment light spacing and watering to why ffof went how it went for me, how much of a difference will i c, and if i have high numbers flowering in 10 gals is the bang for the buck worth it in the end as far as total change in plant .. weight and quality? would appreciate the knowledge from a similar soil warrior. thanks man,N>W:welldone::thanks::peace:

If you want simple... The simplest thing I found is "soilless" seedling mix. Jiffy makes it, and you can buy bags of it anywhere. Buy enough to fill up a 5-gallon bucket. Pokes TONS of holes in the bottom of the bucket, and put something under it to catch the run off. Use an easy "Run-To-Waste" fertilizer program. There's one on here called 1-2-3, and there's one called the lucas formula. Both are 'general hydroponics' based feeding schedules.

It's not dirt and it's more expensive then buying the stuff and mixing it but it's easy.

Get a few of the 23W "5600" CFLs, AKA 'day-light' bulbs, for veg. You can run the bulbs as close as 2 inches, but any closer and they can burn.. Also.. that close you run the risk of the plant growing into the bulb (I had it happen several times).

Pick up the pot BEFORE you water it, and after you water it. You'll get the feel of how heavy the pot will be. A lot of newbies overwater their plants.

Also... I feel compelled to tell you, while smoking pot may not be addictive... Growing it sure is.

Back
Top Bottom