State Lawmakers, Vote For Medical Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
IL: In just a short time, Illinois will decide if we will follow the 14 other compassionate states that have done the humane thing in allowing for the use of medical marijuana to ease the pain and suffering of the truly ill.

Too many people have died in pain, and many have died due to side effects or overdose caused by drugs that were legally prescribed to help them. Two of my family members died of liver complications, in part from taking these legally prescribed medications.

After my car accident and following three surgeries that included a steel plate, three steel rods, 14 screws and an artificial disc being put in my body -- with another surgery still on the way -- I'm presently taking Oxycontin, Dilaudid and morphine. These legal yet powerful, deadly and addictive medications I must take to allow me to move around.

Marijuana can help because it is a much safer alternative to these medicines and does not come with the horrible side effects as the narcotics I am on.

I don't drink or smoke, and I desire to keep my liver healthy. If allowed, I would choose to eat marijuana in brownies instead of smoking it. I beg for our state legislators to vote yes on Senate Bill 1381 and House Bill 2514.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: Courier News (Elgin, IL)
Copyright: 2010 The Courier News
Author: Robert Day

I often wonder why none of the 14 states have ever run an article regarding any statistics showing a deliberate influx of people moving to those states primarily so patients can obtain MMJ under the guidelines set by each of the states. As CA has been dispensing since 96' I wonder how many people have moved here and found work or not, to have access to this wonderous plant for its uses. Anyone who is reading this and has moved to a MMJ state please respond.

Back
Top Bottom