Woman Arrested For Buying Marijuana Seeds Over Internet

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The money was running out. The bills were coming due. And prospects for a new job seemed bleak.

Then, while surfing the Internet a few months ago, Rhonda Quince says she stumbled across a Web site that promised an opportunity for good money and the freedom to work from home.

She could start her own business: growing and selling marijuana.

"I figured I'd give it a shot," Quince said Thursday. "I thought I might be able to sell it and pay some bills."

Quince never got that far.

Instead, Quince and her boyfriend of the past 16 years, Jeffrey Scott Wagner, were arrested earlier this week in connection with running a suspected marijuana-growing operation from their home west of Brooksville.

Quince, 44, and Wagner, 52, each face a single count of cultivation of marijuana. They were taken to county jail and released after each posted $5,000 bail.

Quince is adamant that Wagner had nothing to do with the operation.

"He was totally against it," she said. "He fought with me and wouldn't even sleep in the same bed with me. But I kept asking him, 'What choice did we have?' "

According to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office, deputies learned of the grow operation at the couple's home at 12491 Sun Road after receiving a tip. They showed up at the house just before 1 p.m. Tuesday.

During a subsequent search of the home, authorities found more than 130 marijuana plants, a bag containing 37 rotting plants and other equipment common to grow operations, according to an arrest affidavit.

Most of the plants were kept in the house under an artificial light, the report said. Others were grown in an open area surrounded by a 6-foot-high privacy fence near an aluminum shed in their back yard.

"We try to act on every tip that we get," said Sgt. Donna Black, spokeswoman for the Sheriff's Office. "Frankly, people don't want this in their neighborhood and then they call us."

Over the past several years, there have been a number of large grow-house operations discovered in homes across Hernando County.

These are the suspects in the most recent case: Quince is a sixth-grade dropout, mother of four children and a homemaker for much of her adult life. Wagner is a former painting business owner and avid pigeon flier who suffers from debilitating heart problems.

Before coming to Florida, they lived in Gloucester, Mass., where they raised seven children — all of them from previous marriages — in what Quince called a "big, two-story house with a lot of rooms."

But Wagner started having health troubles, the kids were getting older and moving away, and his desire to race pigeons grew stronger. Wagner had made several trips to Hernando County for races and thought it would be a good place for the couple to settle.

So Wagner and Quince sold the home and the painting business, and they bought a three-bedroom home on Sun Road in July 2006 for $130,000.

Soon after, they started having money troubles.

"We thought we'd be on our feet," Quince said. "But things kept getting worse."

Wagner's health problems worsened, and his mounting medical bills quickly drained their savings. Meanwhile, Quince's attempt to make money selling aquarium lights on the Internet was mostly unsuccessful.

"I was looking around on the Internet a lot for jobs," she said. "I didn't want to go on the street and hold up a can."

That's when she says she found a couple of Web sites that sold marijuana seeds.

But big-time drug dealer she is not, Quince said. She claimed she knows little to nothing about the drug; she said she's only tried it a couple of times in the past.

Her efforts to grow marijuana plants didn't go well; most of them died before she had a chance to harvest them. And even if she had produced a healthy crop, Quince said, she had no clue how she would have sold the plants.

"It was completely stupid," she said. "I didn't know what I was doing."

Wagner said he repeatedly pleaded with her to stop.

"We both know it's against the law," he said. "But I'll be damned if I was going to call the cops on her."

Now Quince and Wagner must await their legal fate. Prosecutor Don Barbee said it's unlikely that anyone charged with cultivation of marijuana — a third-degree felony — would have to spend time behind bars.

If convicted, they could face as many as five years in prison. But Barbee said most first-time offenders get pretrial intervention or probation.

Neither Quince nor Wagner has a criminal history.

Meanwhile, the couple's money problems still loom large. And Quince has all but run out of ideas for earning a paycheck.

"They're going to turn everything off over here," she said. "I'm willing to do anything as long as it's legal. I'm never going to jail again."

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: officialwire.com
Author: Gavin Larter
Copyright: 2010 Greg Smith
Contact: OfficialWire: The Affordable Business Wire of Choice For PR Professionals
Website: OfficialWire: Women Arrested For Buying Marijuana Seeds Over Internet

If there story is true (hard up for money) which I believe it could be in this countries current situation, it is sad that the only thing so many of us have to fall back on in the USA is illegal, it is too bad more of the government isn't forced into the same situations as us hard working americans, what a life, to live in fear of losing our freedoms, homes and everything we have worked so hard to achieve. :peace:

the same thing is going on in colorado .thousands of people are taking there life savings and investing it in grow rooms to pay bills because they can't find a job .its either be homeless or grow pot. i talked to a guy that own's dispensary he told me that he has more people selling pot illegally to him than selling pot as a legal caregiver

Marijuana, Marijuana! I like marijuana, you like marijuana, we like maijuana too....chachacha. I want to be a hippy and I want to get stoned on, marijuana, marijuana. It's my life and I'll do what I want, marijuana, marijuana!!!! So f**k off all you non educated idiots that smoke tobacoo and get drunk and KILL PEOPLE!!

listen !! i live in upstate new york and its hell here folks i mean a living f**king hell , no jobs no money no support from anybody, i would like to be alive when legaliztion takes root, but you know i wont be and for that fact my relationship with pot has grown deeper, but that doesnt matter to people so fuck the police and f*ck the govt. ill keep doing it till i get caught and wen i do by that time ill have kids and ill pass on what i know to my kids and hopefully by that time cannabis will need no introduction in to peoples lives RIGHT?

"They're going to turn everything off over here," she said. "I'm willing to do anything as long as it's legal. I'm never going to jail again."

How can they be first time offenders without previous if they say that?

you would be surprised what govt. will do to people to get across to anyone that questions authority you know in the old days in france where they beheaded people that were poor and didnt have money to pay taxes ....... well this is alomost like the same thing

ahh okay that makes sense. thanks.

I was just hearing about some guy on here that has to be drug tested for a job interview. What a sick invasion of your privacy. "LAND OF THE UNFREE" should be your new moto over there

:peacetwo:

yea i wish i lived anywhere but here in amereica, that's right america is good for two things .....pussy and pot oh did i say pussy yea that too

ahh okay that makes sense. thanks.

I was just hearing about some guy on here that has to be drug tested for a job interview. What a sick invasion of your privacy. "LAND OF THE UNFREE" should be your new moto over there

:peacetwo:
Some jobs, like the one I HAD.. really need to cover there asses and the co-workers. I worked around construction sites where if you were working on a roof 130' up you did not want to be any HIGHER.. I had to get a ****** addict off one of our jobs because he was putting me and the other two guys in danger.

I do see that our "freedoms" are slowly being taken away and we are told it is for our own good, I don't mind it being at the airport, because I want to make it safely to my dest. and I don't want to see another disaster like in 9/11 and so on..

yea i wish i lived anywhere but here in amereica, that's right america is good for two things .....pussy and pot oh did i say pussy yea that too

Stop wishing and make it happen, P--sy is everywhere if you look.

Back in the late 60' and early seventies we "Hippies" warned everyone that it wasn't just about pot. It was also about taking your right not to testify against yourself. That is what the whole country missed, when you piss in a cup, to get a job, that's testifying against yourself. I was a printer, and worked with a lot of dangerous machinery, so I never smoked pot on the job, and I'd fire anyone who worked for me if I caught them, but there was always a time after work to smoke. Now hopefully pot will become legal. But we lost our chance to stop the gov. from taking away our right not to testify against ourselves.

AND ANOTHER THING! They didn't get arrested for buying seeds online. They got arrested for the pot growing, and someone gave them up. The headline was deceiveing!

Back in the late 60' and early seventies we "Hippies" warned everyone that it wasn't just about pot. It was also about taking your right not to testify against yourself. That is what the whole country missed, when you piss in a cup, to get a job, that's testifying against yourself. I was a printer, and worked with a lot of dangerous machinery, so I never smoked pot on the job, and I'd fire anyone who worked for me if I caught them, but there was always a time after work to smoke. Now hopefully pot will become legal. But we lost our chance to stop the gov. from taking away our right not to testify against ourselves.

I don't think we lost our chance... It just took longer for us to get pissed off about what they were trying to do... We are just a little bit to trusting at times because of our marijuana use... Now that we are pissed off look at how our government has been turned on it's side by the demands of marijuana users. You talk about the tea party.... they are nothing compared to power of the marijuana movement... :bong:

I don't think we lost our chance... It just took longer for us to get pissed off about what they were trying to do... We are just a little bit to trusting at times because of our marijuana use... Now that we are pissed off look at how our government has been turned on it's side by the demands of marijuana users. You talk about the tea party.... they are nothing compared to power of the marijuana movement... :bong:

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

im not saying i cant find puss, it just seems like thats all that new york has to offer. i had a good const. job , i was a painter and i painted up to 8 units a day , just two storys though. i always had money always paid my bills always had food on my table.
evrybody that wrote somthing on this site can relate somway to this women and it wasnt her fault to be sueded in to doing somthing that she would never even thought of in her life if America just did what its supposed to be doing .....not ruining lives

Back
Top Bottom