CBDs — The Science Of Medical Marijuana

Interesting article today in the Washington Post. I admit to not being up as much as I'd like on the science of the content of cannabis as it relates to medicinal properties (and that's largely the fault of federal government suppression of such research), but I've been very interested in learning more about the difference between strains that are bred more for CBDs as opposed to those bred for THC.

One of the natural side-effect of prohibition has been the almost total focus on THC and less research on various combinations of elements in cannabis.

Form of medical marijuana won't get you high, but it's creating a buzz by Karl Vick

The singular peculiarity of Courtney's "pot doc" practice here in Northern California is what he recommends: Don't smoke the stuff, he tells patients. Eat it.

And no, he's not talking about brownies – he's talking raw. It's bitter, and won't get you high, but still has strong medicinal properties.

Fascinating stuff, and goes to show how much more research we need to do on this useful plant without the stigma and repression of prohibition in the way.

"Twenty years ago it was just cannabis," [Addison DeMoura] said. "The bridge to legalization is medical marijuana. I believe the bridge from medical marijuana to real science will be CBDs."

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Drug WarRant
Author: Pete
Copyright: 2010 Drug WarRant

Back
Top Bottom