'The War On Drugs Is A Failure'

Truth Seeker

Could it truly be a coincidence that April 20 lands only five short days after Tax Day? Surely the Internal Revenue Service orchestrated this calendar synchronicity, understanding that after another harrowing round of W-2s, 1099s and 1040s, many Americans relish the hard-earned opportunity to illegally relax, while conveniently relieving their glaucoma in the process. Legally, in some states. If they have glaucoma. Or a doctor who will say they have glaucoma. Or backaches sometimes. (For the uninitiated, "420" is a code for pot smoking and April 20 a sort of countercultural holiday.)

The simple state-to-state disparity of the legality of marijuana already undercuts the authority of America's modern "War on Drugs" – a war originally declared by Richard M. Nixon largely in response to the discovery of high rates of heroin addiction in American soldiers in Vietnam. But the unjust rates of incarceration among blacks, Hispanics and the poor highlight why the war we have been fighting for decades should itself be considered illegal.

There must be something amiss if Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York, former Representative Ron Paul of Texas and Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, despite having different views on drug legalization, can all agree that the War on Drugs is fundamentally flawed. Mr. Paul has long favored ending the federal War on Drugs, while Governor Christie recently called it a failure. Though he does not support legalization. Governor Cuomo has introduced plans to bring fairness, through decriminalization methods, to the racial imbalance of marijuana-related arrests in New York City.

To us, the harmony of these criticisms begged to be recast as harmony of the musical variety. With the help of a supporting cast (including Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes of "Jay and Silent Bob" fame), the governors and the former congressman are almost able, in song, to resolve the dissonance of this failed policy.

Cannabis_Top2.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: nytimes.com
Author: The Gregory Brothers

manyAmericans relish the hard-earned opportunity to illegally relax,while conveniently relieving their glaucoma in the process. Legally,in some states. If they have glaucoma. Or a doctor who will saythey have glaucoma. Or backaches sometimes. (For the uninitiated,“420” is a code for pot smoking and April 20 a sort ofcountercultural holiday.)

I thought you sought truth? Wow did you piss me off with your comments above. I have a "backache". I think your comments pissed me off so much because I am just recovering from another severe round with degenerative disk disease. I have just worked myself back from unable to zip my pants to walking with the use of cannabis instead of the opiates I was wasting myself on. Your comments above minimize the use of MMJ. You paint all MMJ patients as malingerers with bogus doctors writing them scripts just to get high, SHAME on YOU. Yes I get "high". I find it more manageable than the stupor I was in while taking oxi this and that.

I am relatively new here in this community but I celebrated 4/20 with all of you... that shows the diversity of the drug not hypocrisy on my part as I would never use oxi for any celebration. Your main focus may be for all to be free to get high, I applaud you on your quest but don't step on me to get there even if I am already bent over.

Respect

DSC_1327_nugs.jpg

I thought you sought truth?

Just because
comments above minimize the use of MMJ
does not make them any less truthful.....

Would you rather live in a ignorant world were you were sugar coated the truth and lead to believe something is perfect?

MMJ laws ARE NOT perfect, and there are people that lie to get their cards, a physicians who stretch the truth.

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!

Search out faults in the system, not only the government but in laws themselves, hence the recent changes in dispensery laws.

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

Just because does not make them any less truthful.....

Would you rather live in a ignorant world were you were sugar coated the truth and lead to believe something is perfect?

MMJ laws ARE NOT perfect, and there are people that lie to get their cards, a physicians who stretch the truth.

IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS!

Search out faults in the system, not only the government but in laws themselves, hence the recent changes in dispensery laws.

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

So you minimize MMJ too? ... I just edited a poor remark, for those that saw it SHAME on ME

Seriously.....Buckshot. The first post in this thread was copied and pasted from a New York Times article.

Click here to read the article.

Furthermore the source and it's author are noted at the bottom of the post.

Seriously.....Buckshot. The first post in this thread was copied and pasted from a New York Times article.

Click here to read the article.

Furthermore the source and it's author are noted at the bottom of the post.

thank you -- that should have been noted

this is what should have been copied from that link

Back
Top Bottom