Possible Life Sentence Dropped In Man's Pot Brownies Case

The General

Texas - Prosecutors have dropped a first-degree felony drug charge that could have imprisoned a 19-year-old Texas man for life over brownies laced with marijuana and hash oil he's accused of making and selling. However, Jacob Lavoro still faces a second-degree felony drug possession charge that carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison, as well as a possession charge that carries a penalty of up to two years in state jail. A Williamson County grand jury returned indictments last week on the two counts, which Assistant District Attorney Mark Brunner called more straightforward. Lavoro's attorney, Jack Holmes, says he and his client's family are grateful for the dismissal. An arrest affidavit says police found hash oil, marijuana and pot brownies and cookies in Lavoro's apartment.

pot-brownies.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Ksat.com
Author: Associated Press
Contact: Contact Us | KSAT 12 Contact Information | KSAT.com
Website: Possible life sentence dropped in man's pot brownies case

It is criminal how the government is allowed to prosecute one of the stupidest most life damaging prohibitions in the history of man. For reasons like this, the brightest minds of our youth wil flee places like MO and TX for CO, WA and CA. Policy makers are aware of this, which is driving change at an even faster pace.

Congress MUST step in and end these prosecutions by simply reclassifying cannabis altogether. THEN, the government can review all incarcerations that qualify for amnesty, and free those whose worst crime is civil disobedience. The feds SHOULD step and provide some equal protection to those poor citizens living in really retarded states that have yet to decriminalize.

If you guys think about this for a minute...

If someone told you the person's prison sentence, but didn't tell you the crime, like in this case, now he faces up to 22 years.

For 22 years, the first thing you'd think for a sentence that long would be a serious crime. Murder. 22 years for brownies and posession? That's absolutely ridiculous. I've read stories where people received less time for killing someone. The two things don't even equate.

Radogast, this is most definitely Reefer Madness crazy. The only thing CRIMINAL here, is how the MINORITY of the world's population view Cannabis.

I would like to think the human race has evolved beyond the primitive neanderthal reaction of shock and fear of things we don't understand. However in regards to Cannabis, too many people still grasp at straws trying to justify the ludicrous laws that were enacted, largely based on racism, and a fear of the unknown.

How much of the violence in Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East reassures anyone about humanity?

Cannabis is not an unknown. It is a known good for 5000 years. Those who oppose it do so out of deliberate ignorance and malice. Two drivers that lead to the kind of violence we see everyday.

Funny thing, Antics, There are a lot of us right wing Christian types that are not fooled by the people that make up things. The illegality of cannabis came from a Pope of the thirteenth century declaring its use a sin! I have not listened to anything the Pope had to say since my parents told me the reason they could not be accepted into the Catholic church was because they practiced birth control. Although I might have some right wing thoughts, I tend to get my truth from what I read from the Bible and not what I was told. Alcohol, a much worse drug, (lost three relatives last year from its side effects) is not prohibited in the Bible. Neither is cannabis I heard that konobos was another word used to describe the fruit from the tree of life! Who knows! I do know that it is not prohibited, either! If only the flock knew!

As a libertarian Christian, I never followed GOP party policies on social issues, including abortion, gay rights and above all else, cannabis use. Now that I am a regular patient, I will never vote for another Republican who is not overtly, unabashadly pro cannabis.

Cannabis was infused in oil, by some accounts, and used by the Pharasees as a sacrament. This is not a religeous thread, but I always feel closer to Jesus when I'm medicated during church service.

It just defies common sense because everyone already knows that the government has several MMJ patents. Luckily for my religion and culture being stoned are absolutely necessary. There was never any doubt that no one is touching my meds. I don't care what their ideologies are. What Shiva loves, I love. No human will get in the way of that because I love being stoned at temple and sweat lodge :)

Funny thing, Antics, There are a lot of us right wing Christian types that are not fooled by the people that make up things. The illegality of cannabis came from a Pope of the thirteenth century declaring its use a sin! I have not listened to anything the Pope had to say since my parents told me the reason they could not be accepted into the Catholic church was because they practiced birth control. Although I might have some right wing thoughts, I tend to get my truth from what I read from the Bible and not what I was told. Alcohol, a much worse drug, (lost three relatives last year from its side effects) is not prohibited in the Bible. Neither is cannabis I heard that konobos was another word used to describe the fruit from the tree of life! Who knows! I do know that it is not prohibited, either! If only the flock knew!

The irony of the pope declaring its use to be illegal.... Yet I've read numerous stories and bible verses that suggest that hemp seed oil and Cannabis were used back in Jesus' time.

If you guys think about this for a minute...

If someone told you the person's prison sentence, but didn't tell you the crime, like in this case, now he faces up to 22 years.

For 22 years, the first thing you'd think for a sentence that long would be a serious crime. Murder. 22 years for brownies and posession? That's absolutely ridiculous. I've read stories where people received less time for killing someone. The two things don't even equate.

Radogast, this is most definitely Reefer Madness crazy. The only thing CRIMINAL here, is how the MINORITY of the world's population view Cannabis.

I would like to think the human race has evolved beyond the primitive neanderthal reaction of shock and fear of things we don't understand. However in regards to Cannabis, too many people still grasp at straws trying to justify the ludicrous laws that were enacted, largely based on racism, and a fear of the unknown.

This. Couldn't have said it any better.

Back
Top Bottom