Tampa Bay Mom's Group Continues Fight For Medical Marijuana

The General

Amendment 2 didn't pass, but local moms aren't giving up the fight. A Bay area group called CannaMoms is pushing for new legislation to be introduced in January. They say they know cannabis would help their very sick children. And even though the amendment that would have legalized it didn't pass, they are encouraged. That's because the majority of Florida voters did vote yes. The moms think they'll have better luck with legislation.

"I know it didn't pass, but it gives me hope that we're there," said Daniella Vetencourt. "It's only two percent that we didn't get, so we're almost there. The-moms say powerful medications cause terrible side effects. They have to choose which side effects are worse. Some have tried cannabis for their children and say the symptoms improve.

"We're basically trying different ones to see which one has the least side effects, and they all bring something bad to the table," Ventencourt said. Brianna Holzerland is joining CannaMoms. She tried cannabis and says it took her seizures away. "If I had an aura which is something you have before a seizure and I sprayed this CDB spray, it would go away within seconds," she said.

Purple_Cannabis_Flower.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Wfla.com
Author: Shannon Behnken
Website: Tampa Bay mom's group continues fight for medical marijuana - WFLA News Channel 8

Mom power! Go go go! :cheer:

The public face of the cannabis movement needs us moms desperately to embarrass the bejebus out of Jurassic opponents who continue to use 1930's and Nixon era scare tactics. Moms and grandmoms bring the powerful matriarchal element of pro-family to the political table. Medical cannabis is pro-family!

Back
Top Bottom