A Look Into The Prosperity Of Investing In Cannabis

Jacob Redmond

She has one of those stories that's not only powerful, but incredibly motivational. She's an entrepreneur who created her own success from a bare ground floor, and did so on top of being a single mother of four boys. What she sees in this industry is opportunity, prosperity, and new beginnings for those who are ready to capture it! Khadijah Adams is the founder of Marijuana Investment Retreat, an exclusive look into our industry and what it can offer you! She's your inside source, your key to financial independence, and a woman you want on your side of the playing field!

What was the deciding factor for you to join this particular industry?

It was after meeting many of the people (medical patients, Veterans who suffer from PTSD, the politicians, activists, etc.) who laid the foundation for the legalization of this industry. Hearing the stories of some being brutally beaten, killed, raped, and imprisoned over a plant really shifted my focus from simply just wanting to earn a lot of money to wanting to add real value to the industry. I wanted to find a way for everyday consumers to invest in this industry.

I remember asking a disabled veteran in Denver one night, "If there was a way that you could invest in the marijuana industry with the possibility of earning a small fortune that you could one day leave for your family, would you want to know about it?" And he looked at me and began to cry. He shared with me that he had been searching for a way to leave something that could benefit his family one day and I was able to help him find one and that made me feel great.

I knew then, that I had to spread the gospel, so to speak, of getting people to understand that there is opportunity here and that there is a way for you to get a tremendous return on your money by investing in the marijuana industry, but most importantly, I knew education would be key.

What skills from your previous experiences helped you in what you are doing now?

My skills are in leadership, sales & marketing, communications, public speaking, and creativity.

Tell me about the point in the time you realized the coming of the 'green rush'?

When I began to noticing some of the 1% taking their positions in this industry, I realized the 'green rush' was coming. People like Peter Thiel, the co-founder of PayPal, stepped out publicly and invested in this space. Well-known businessmen like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett were being rumored to be doing the same! Mainstream actors, rappers, singers, senators, and even retired politicians all began taking their position. This spoke volumes to me! It honestly reminded me of the Joe Kennedy story during and after alcohol prohibition and about how he created an empire that is so expansive to-date, that the Kennedy's fortune is held in securities and no one really knows their true worth.

The point is, if you want to be successful you must do what successful people do; They position themselves before the first wave of any upcoming industry. That's what Joe Kennedy did; he positioned himself before alcohol was federally legal and capitalized tremendously on the industry when it finally happened. Timing and positioning is extremely important in any industry and it's important for me to sound the horn so people can wake up and really take a look at this industry and where it's going. People need to take action to get involved, especially people of color. It's more than just earning a lot of money, it's taking advantage of an opportunity to be a part of history as we know it. I truly believe that we will hear of people from every walk of life, who previously never earned more than $30K a year, becoming financially independent between the years 2015—2018. Many will be everyday people, medical patients, and Veterans and I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Describe your work ethic to me in one word.

Diligent.

Who is a person that you consider as a role model? Maybe someone who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?

That would be none other than Oprah Winfrey because of her philosophy and the way she thinks. Oprah has been a role model and mentor to me from afar since 1997. In fact, it was after watching her show and really being there with her in that moment, spiritually, when she said, 'Find out what you're good at, then learn how to offer your services to other people, and you'll make a lot of money." That just made so much sense to me. So after her show, I wrote down everything I believed that I was good at and started my first company and took it nationwide in 6 months. She literally changed my life as I knew it and at the time, I was a single mother raising four sons. After losing everything in the real estate market in 2007, it was Oprah's philosophy yet again that helped me fight and push through the darkness that had overcome me at that time.

How do you find inspiration in this industry? What have you found that has inspired you?

I find inspiration in this industry by taking the opportunity to empower, edify, and uplift others. Being able to empower people with knowledge that, if used properly, could propel their lives in a different direction is an inspiring feeling. This is true especially for Veterans who have given more than any of us and yet, they are overlooked by the very people and government that they risked not only their lives, but their families' lives for. Watching a man or a woman's back straighten because he/she earned their own income is priceless. When a man or woman earns their own wage, it makes them feel a particular way; They stand taller and straighter, and he feel very empowered.

Tell me about an esteemed achievement of yours.

Starting a company when everyone, including my family, said it was impossible, then taking it nationwide in 6 months while raising four sons as a single mother.

How would you advise someone who wants to join the industry?

Don't enter this industry just with the intent to earn a lot of money. The money will come, but join because you bring something of value. ALWAYS remember to EDIFY the leaders and pioneers who not only came before you, but who laid the foundation for the industry. They are the very reason that you stand in ecstasy of this industry. It's a matter of respect and shows true integrity.

Where do your great ideas come from?

One of my mentors and someone I associate with often even though he is no longer here, is the late Jim Rohn who would always say, 'It only takes one good idea to change the direction of your life' and I believe that all great ideas come from within, and are moved by a power much greater than our own.

What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader in this space?

It's important to stay abreast of the "happenings" in the industry, so I read daily. I incorporate personal development and I continue to seek the counsel of industry leaders.

If we are sitting across from each other a year from now, how will our conversation about the 'green rush' be going?

I'll be saying, "Wow! It's amazing how this industry has grown after being federally legalized on a national scale! Isn't it pretty awesome how many Veterans have established substantial investment portfolios through the MIPR Veteran's "Education in Investing" program? Veterans are joining every day and we're now expanding nationwide.

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Khadijah Adams: A Look into the Prosperity of Investing in Cannabis
Author: Web Staff
Photo Credit: Cannabis Business Awards
Website: Cashinbis: Entrepreneurs & Investors in Cannabis Business

Back
Top Bottom