Canada: Bernard Valcourt Grilled Over Medical Marijuana Facility's Delay

Jacob Redmond

Business leaders in the Campbellton area are demanding answers from Conservative MP Bernard Valcourt about a proposed medical marijuana plant in Atholville.

Zenabis promised to create 400 jobs and was supposed to be operating last fall, but is still waiting for a licence from Health Canada to operate in a warehouse it bought more than a year ago.

Régis Maltais, the president of the Campbellton Regional Chamber of Commerce, raised the issue with Valcourt during a luncheon in the community on Wednesday.

"In the past 10 years, we lost all our major businesses, the big producers and we need Zenabis for survival," said Maltais.

"I think we underestimate what he can do. To me, I think he can have this file go the next step. He just needs to put more time into it and make it happen."

Valcourt was an early supporter of the Zenabis plant.

He was in Campbellton to announce funding from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency for an interpretation centre on the Restigouche River.

31678.JPG

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Bernard Valcourt grilled over medical marijuana facility's delay - New Brunswick - CBC News
Author: Web Staff
Photo Credit: AP File
Website: CBC.ca - Canadian News Sports Entertainment Kids Docs Radio TV

Back
Top Bottom