Australia: Deisha's Chance To Really Live

Jacob Redmond

This weekend marks a significant anniversary for Deisha Magic-Stevens. One year ago, she was a totally different little girl.

Plagued by life-threatening seizures day and night for years, and dosed up on a cocktail of several anti-convulsants, Deisha was like a zombie who could barely talk, read or write.

Her parents, David and Jamaica, had done everything possible under conventional medical practice for their daughter, including, as her health continued to deteriorate, heeding the advice of a leading neurologist to put Deisha on prednisone, which has a harrowing and lengthy list of side-effects.

But she stopped responding to it.

And then, exactly one year ago at Nimbin's MardiGrass, everything changed.

David was introduced to the incredible healing properties of cold-pressed cannabis oil, which is derived from a special THC-free strain, and started treating Deisha with it.

"Within three days, she came alive and her personality started to come out," David said.

Now a vibrant eight-year-old, Deisha has been seizure- free for 12 months, without relapse.

"Deisha probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for medicinal cannabis," David said.

"It's amazing. I sit back, and realise that I've saved my daughter's life. I've achieved what I needed to achieve."

The family's story features in a documentary, A Life of Its Own, due for release later this year.

At a federal level, submissions are currently being accepted for a Senate Bill that aims to make medicinal cannabis available for those who need it.

Meanwhile, the NSW Government is championing clinical trials for the terminally ill and for children with severe epilepsy.

And while policies catch up with need, concerned parents continue to seek out David for advice.

21946.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Deisha?s chance to really live | Coffs Coast Advocate
Author: Gemima Harvey
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: Coffs Coast news, weather, sport and local classifieds | Coffs Coast Advocate

Back
Top Bottom