Disabled Iraq War Veteran Facing Life In Prison For Less Than 1 Ounce Of Marijuana

Jacob Redmond

After serving three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, Kristoffer Lewandowski was medically and honorably discharged from the Marine Corps.

He is now a 100% disabled veteran because of the severity of his PTSD. Since he has gotten out, the VA had him taking up to 13 pills a day to treat his PTSD. The pharmaceutical treatment was killing him.

Early clinical research shows that medical marijuana is highly effective for treating PTSD, and it does not have the dangerous side effects of SSRIs.

After realizing that the meds were killing his liver, Lewandowski decided that it would be a good idea try marijuana as a treatment. He began growing 6 plants for his personal use.

In June of 2014, Lewandowski had a PTSD episode. His wife grabbed the kids and took them to the neighbors house where she called the police to get her husband some help.

However, as is the case in so many countless other incidents, police did anything but help.

After police showed up, they searched the Lewandowski's home and found 6 tiny marijuana plants. Police then weighed all of the plant matter together and it did not total to a single ounce. However, because of Oklahoma's draconian laws against growing a plant, Lewandowski was charged with felony marijuana cultivation.

Felony marijuana cultivation in Oklahoma carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

According to Whitney Lewandowski, Kristoffer's wife, the police also pulled up their tomato plants and included them in the photo for the media.

"[Police] made it look like he had this huge grow [operation] going," Whitney said in an interview with Truth in Media.

But that was not the worst of their problems. Police then cuffed Whitney and threw her in the back of a police cruiser and told her their children were being taken by Child Protective Services. They were charging her with a felony too.

In order to make it look like a legitimate arrest, police told Whitney that if she pressed assault charges against her husband, they would not charge her and she could keep their children. She obviously opted to stay out of prison and to not have her children kidnapped by the state.

According to Truth in Media:

"Whitney Lewandowski said that the domestic violence charge does not reflect the reality of her husband's behavior, "They're trying to use me as a victim and to make it look worse on his case. My husband has absolutely never laid his hands on me ever. He is not an abusive man, ever... quite the opposite. He is extremely doting."

The Lewandowski's raised enough funds to pay the bondsman and the family then moved, with the approval of the Oklahoma DA, to California, so Kristoffer could get the medicinal marijuana he needed, "legally."

However, while he was in the care of a Veterans Administration psychiatric hospital, Lewandowski inadvertently missed a court date. With guns drawn, and in front of all the children at his child's daycare, undercover cops swarmed Lewandowski in a dramatic raid.

He currently remains in police custody in California and is awaiting extradition to Oklahoma.

This man's life has been turned upside down. He has been taken from his family, unable to see his children, and is facing the idea of spending the rest of his life behind bars – he harmed no one.

15037.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Disabled Iraq War Veteran Facing Life in Prison for Less than 1 Ounce of Marijuana | The Free Thought Project
Author: Matt Agorist
Photo Credit: Lewandowski Family

Re: Disabled Iraq War Veteran Facing Life In Prison For Less Than 1 Ounce Of Marijuan

Shame on those cops. They will get some karma. A smart desk sergeant could have made it all go away.... But, they didn't and that's really sad

Re: Disabled Iraq War Veteran Facing Life In Prison For Less Than 1 Ounce Of Marijuan

To the soldier who has protected me, my family and my country...Sempre Fi

It is a honor to even be in your presence.

Come to New Jersey, doctors here can help you legally, but you will have to prove residence. Don't come because our governor !

But those REDNECK assholes that are in your state probably still waive the confederate flag too.
As a vet myself, I am so sorry for the problems you are encountering, haven't we suffered enough. If this is what the Okie's are doing...."What goes around, comes around"
They too will someday need this and won't be able to get it when they need it the most. SHAME on them for making you a political agenda.

I would hope the ACLU and other might help come to your aid. I wish I could pay for your fees.
I can't believe that the law could be so strict. They are insane!!!

Since I served in the 70's I have had chronic pain, all of which I encountered from the enemy.
Because the laws have changed not me, I have been able to get the Marijuana because I could no longer think, drive or go to work, the levels of pain medication where too high and ripped my stomach apart.
Since being on high levels of CBD my pain has been greatly reduced.

Come on fellow stoners of both the legal and illegal, let help this HONORABLE SOLDIER who defended this country in it's time of need.
He now needs our help.

Kristoffer, what can I do to help you?

This is an outrage! This is the war on drugs from a BACKWARD state. Next is the war on this Government to legalize this mans treatment in EVERY state. AND NEXT is the war on THIS Government. This pisses me off enough to start it today. We should go to this state and TAKE this family away from them. They do NOT deserve him.

Gee where are all of the patriotic, support the troops politicians and why does a story like this not making national news headlines. As a Vet and citizen I am disgusted by the war on citizens waged by the state.

I posted this to facebook. I really hope that THEY are reading what we all say. We need to slap those bastards around some and put them in line. 2nd amendment time! WE OWN this Government, THEY do not own us.

This is outrageous - is there no real crime in backwoods Oklahoma? As a Vietnam vet still suffering from ptsd I'm appalled at what I've read regarding this American hero. If our president can weigh in on a friggin flag - where is he on this most and much more important issue? Please someone in his family start a go fund me program today. And please everyone here contribute to help this man. I can only imagine how going through this is affecting his ptsd. Shame on the police they really needed an arrest that night I guess. Wtf?

This Marine served his country fighting in a foreign land so shit like this wouldn't happen here .Looks to me like all of us veterans wasted our time , blood and lives to see our freedoms being stolen away from us by politicians and police .
Maybe it's time for veterans to to rake back our country and put the politicians and police back in line they are after all public servants and they need to be reminded of that .

This is what we get... we idolize and fantasize about violence and we did not expect it to creep in on our police officers,,,,, were ever we turn guns cops and swat all look like soldiers and what do soldiers do
They Kill,,, Destroy and we idolize them,,, we play on PlayStation,, Call of Duty,, Grand Theft Auto.. Think about this
People do not become Police Officer's to PROTECT and SERVE... they do it for a secure job,,, power trips etc.(not to serve the people... how many police officers do you trust, everything will be used against you in a court of law))
Proof= Police Violence on People of Color watch TV,,, when was the last time a police officer was walking a beat , becoming a part of the community.... Policing has changed and now we need Police policing themselves,,, which is bad....as long a police get federal $$$$ for marijuana busts and get to keep everything/anything they seize and this is not wrong ??????????? I believe that with my 13 yrs experience in Law Enforcement/Corrections and serving in a school dealing with troubled children that my insight has some credibility.
I personally moved to a state were PTSD is legally treated with Marijuana.... and my doctors and I have seen the great results.

That's so messed up. I'm sick of the govt. doing whatever they want. Especially since it's coming down to just to keep their jobs.

I am a Vietnam Vet who was wounded in service of my country. The state I live in is Indiana, where BTW they lock you up for possession of even 1 joint. Those that are lucky enough to live in a state that has legal MMJ don't know how good they have it I think. An old friend of mine had a small grow last year that got turned in by a utility worker who came on his property to restore his electricity. Who when he completed his work went to the door to check with him to see if in fact he had electricity again. He was not at home and the worker took it upon himself to peek thru his window to see if he could see any sign his electricity had been restored.

What he seen was 10 very small plants my buddy had started inside on a window seat. He notified the cops and they came and knocked his door in, my friend was home by then and they ruffed him up real bad to the point he had to be hospitalized in serious condition. A year later he is still in pain from what they did to him. He is 64 years old as I and he his a disabled vet also. He did not resist arrest in any way but got the hell beat out of him anyways. They pulled the plants up and weighed the roots, dirt still clinging to the roots, stalks and all to get the weight above 1/4 pound so the penalty would be even more harsh. He faces forfeiture of his home and personal property. Has mounting legal fees by the minute, lawyers are blood suckers also.

The really hard thing to swallow about all this is, this kinda thing happens everyday in this state, but if one lives in state where it is legal they simply jump in the truck and go to a store to buy their buds. It should be unconstitutional to be discriminated against just because of ones zip code!

Jacob, could you help research how we can ACT on this? We need a way to help! I'm a Viet Vet with PTSD since 1966. This man needs our help, not prison. MJ is the only reason I'm alive, but I'm a felon in the country I risked my life to defend.

THIS IS INSANITY.

Its so damn sick of them to arrest my marine brother.. i was blown up 4 times while driving my battle tank in ramadi iraq on my battle tanks in the army Assigned to 3/8th & 1/6th marines.. we even wore marine overauls..due to the danger of that place.. and now look at that place..the same vehicles and weapons me and that marine shot is being used by the enemy, also the amount of homeless veterans out there that served in war is outragous, I TOO WAS ON THAT KILLER 10 PLUS PILLS A DAY..YEAH RIGHT..NOT FOR LONG BECAUSE MMY TUESDAYS FELT LIKE SUNDAYS AS I DIDN KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO MR.. NOW I AM IN CONTROL AND MY GOSH..IM JUST SICKENED TO SEE THIS HAPPENNING TO A COMBAT FELLOW IRAQ VETERAN..THIS PISSES ME OFF AND THIS IS WHY IM GLAD IM A MILITARY STEALTH RIDER..MY NEXT PLANT WILL HAVE A MARINE STICKER ON IT FOR MY BROTHER IN ARMS..A VERY SAD DAY..HE JUST NEEDS HELP & PRISON WILL CAGE HIM UP AND DESTROY HIM DUE TO THE VIOLENCE THERE.NOT GOOD FOR PTSD AND TBI & IM AT 100 % TOO..THIS SUCKS MAN.

Moderator, do you know of a way we can act to help?

The state senator(s) can be contacted in oklahoma also(for congretional inquiries), the dept of veterans affairs & any organizations that helps veterans thats service connected(to include the media if they really care), jail definately isnt the right place for this wounded warrior

I belong to Wounded Warrior Project. I'll contact them in the daytime.

I am not a military guy nore have I served but my heart and prayers go out for the people who are prayed upon by there own government. These are the men n women who have paid one the ultimate sacrifices and are then discriminated and criminalized for seeking out natural ways of healing. We can voice as one maybe then we will awaken theses ignorant people we have elected as heads of our government.

Back
Top Bottom