Canada Police Arrest Glenn Price, Owner Of Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Jacob Redmond

Glenn Price, the owner of a medical marijuana dispensary on Main Street, has been arrested.

Price was arrested Tuesday morning, according to a staff member at Your Medical Cannabis Headquarters.

William Bell, the caretaker for the business, cleaning a bong when police came in.

He said as Price was ushered to the back room and arrested he asked Bell to get in touch with the media.

Officers told Bell if he returned he could get in trouble, but they didn't say for what.

At the time Price was arrested, three patients and two staff members, including Bell, were in the shop.

According to a female staff member, Price's wife and a customer were also arrested in Monday's raid.

In mid-July, shortly after opening the dispensary, Price was warned by Winnipeg police to stop selling cannabis.

Officers cited pressure from Health Canada to crack down on marijuana dispensaries — which are illegal in Canada.

Price agreed to close the store for several days at the time, but he said he would fight the matter in court if he was arrested.

"It's not going to stop me. They can arrest me, I'll get out, we'll set down some ground rules on what I'm going to do next, and I'll be back," he told CBC News at the time.

On Tuesday, officers confirmed they were investigating at the location but would not confirm any arrests.

Medical marijuana dispensaries are becoming a big issue for some Canadian municipalities and are putting local governments at odds with federal legislation.

Currently there are more than 100 dispensaries in Vancouver, where their city council voted just two weeks ago to regulate the businesses.

Canada's Health Minister Rona Ambrose wasn't impressed with the move.

"Storefronts selling marijuana are illegal and under this Conservative government will remain illegal. We expect the police to enforce the law," Ambrose said at the time.

Bill VanderGraaf disagrees. He's angry the shop was raided on Monday.

"It's none of the police's business what people are smoking," he said.

According to Bell, Price was expected to "get busted" any day because "all [of the] shops in Vancouver went through that too."

Bell, the dispensary's caretaker, has a traumatic brain injury and a prescription for marijuana.

"I think it's BS, to put it politely because we need the medical marijuana for pain and everything else," said Bell.

15524.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Winnipeg police arrest owner and patient at medical marijuana dispensary - Manitoba - CBC News
Author: Web Staff
Photo Credit: Holly Caruk/CBC
Website: CBC.ca - Canadian News Sports Entertainment Kids Docs Radio TV

Look no further, just follow the money. While some people were applauding Canada's first stock market driven weed growers, I had my head between my arse wondering when they would start complaining about any and all competition, be it compassionate or otherwise.

Canada doesn't beleive in free market private enterprise. Instead our politico beleive in stock market monopolies keeping the same, select one-percenters fat. It's so entrenched even our conservatives think that way.

These stock market monopolies all have the same modus operandi, they get special treatment from bureaucrats using the prospect of future job opportunities. It's Canadian Business 101. Have a look at the beginning of this video where the guy boasts of having a former Health Canada employee working for them now:

Unfortunately I doubt political change will be enough now that the TSX cartel have their monopoly. What's needed is a Charter challenge, but even that is a dubious win. When you've got the weight of Canada's entire financial club of fat cats against you, justice is a sham. Just ask any of the brick & mortar satellite TV shops having gone down this road.

Canada is one of the most politically corrupt countries of the G7, right up there with Italy.

Back
Top Bottom