Georgia: Mom Says Cannabis Oil Drastically Improving Daughter's Life

Jacob Redmond

Cannabis oil is working for the 2-year-old Winder girl 11Alive has been following through her journey, and it was never more evident than during a recent therapy session.

"How do you feel? You look awesome," said Lainey Cleveland's therapist.

Smiling is monumental, a laugh is life changing, and standing -- well, that's a dream that suddenly feels real for Erin Cleveland and her daughter Lainey.

"It's like she's coming alive," Cleveland said.

Lainey recently went through an intense 10-day therapy session, and 11Alive was there on the continuation of the journey following this family.

It's a crucial time for Cleveland and her family. Therapy is a strong benchmark to see how Lainey's new cannabis oil regiment is working.

"She's waving hi, she's mouthing words to us," Cleveland said.

Flexibility, movement and reflexes are all part of an effort to get Lainey back on track now that she's seizing less and her energy can be used elsewhere.

"So if we can just stop that and work on these muscles, I think she can definitely gain head strength to hold her head up," said Lainey's therapist.

"I had kind of given up hope that I was going to have a baby who would smile and laugh," Cleveland said.

A mother who was once resigned to an unimaginable fate for her young daughter, is no longer hopeful, but convinced better days and a better life lie ahead for her little Lainey.

Cleveland said they refined the cannabis oil dosage, and now Lainey is having half as many seizures as before. The next big test is a brain scan before the end of the year.

11Alive will continue to follow the Clevelands' journey and all the medical marijuana decisions and legislation in Georgia.

15579.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Mom Says Cannabis Oil Drastically Improving Daughter's Life
Author: Web Staff
Photo Credit: 11Alive News

Back
Top Bottom