DEA Reverses Stand Against Marijuana; Weed May Soon Be Used For PTSD Treatment

Robert Celt

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) reversed its stand in terms of using marijuana for medical advancement. DEA are looking at possibilities of legalizing medical marijuana for PTSD treatment.

A test about using medical marijuana for PTSD treatment made waves as it is being looked upon by the DEA. The medical marijuana test is exclusively done and is restricted to the American military veterans who were struggling with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or most commonly known as PTSD according to Military Times.

Several trials that link medical marijuana to PTSD are making rounds, which are showing positive results. The trials focused on the cannabidiol, which is derived from marijuana and its effects to patients diagnosed with PTSD. The medical marijuana on veterans with PTSD is the first trial approved by DEA in terms how using marijuana as a medical treatment.

Several trials have been conducted in the past regarding the positive benefits of medical marijuana. In addition to the report, it was mentioned that the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies is the one conducting the trial. MAPS was granted $2.2 million from Colorado's state health department. DEA previously obstructed any trial done by MAPS involving medical marijuana. MAPS' intention to use marijuana for their trials is to determine as to whether marijuana can be used in the development and legalization of medical marijuana.

"This is a critical step in moving our botanical drug development program forward at the federal level to gather information on the dosing, risks, and benefits of smoked marijuana for PTSD symptoms," Amy Emerson, director of clinical research for the MAPS Public Benefit Corporation told the Military Times.

Medical Marijuana is now being considered as the latest addition to medical advancement. Just this month, it was reported that Pennsylvania is the latest addition to the states which legalized medical marijuana as per LegiScan.

Pouring_Bud_from_Jar_IBT_.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: DEA Reverses Stand Against Marijuana; Weed May Soon Be Used For PTSD Treatment
Author: Abbie Kraft
Photo Credit: None found

If veterans can now be prescribed cannabis my vacation doctors, does that mean we can get some in PA, or do we still have to wait the 2 years?

The world does not CARE how much you know, until they know how much u care.

Interestingly enough, I have been selected to possibly one this as a study. I don't want to say much yet, as I'm not sure on the details.

Interestingly enough, I have been selected to possibly one this as a study. I don't want to say much yet, as I'm not sure on the details.

Good luck and here is to hoping that the Mississippi Weed Masters have been lurking on 420 to learn how to go from growing weed to producing cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom