Shailene Woodley, Danny Glover Join List Of Celebrities To Help CA Legalize Marijuana

Katelyn Baker

Some of the entertainment world's most notable celebrities are joining forces to help legalize marijuana in California.

"Divergent" series star Shailene Woodley, Tim Robbins, and rapper Common were among the many stars to announce on Tuesday the formation of "Artists for 64" in an effort to support California's prop 64 campaign to legalize recreational marijuana for adult use, reports the Los Angeles Times.

The impressive roster includes includes music personalities such as Common, music producer Russell Simmons, and Ty Dolla $ign; actors Danny Glover, Olivia Wilde, Tim Robbins, Sarah Silverman, Shailene Woodley, Jesse Williams of "Grey's Anatomy" and Michael K. Williams of the HBO series "The Wire"; and Piper Kerman, author of "Orange is the New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison."

In a statement found on the Artists for 64 site, "Lethal Weapon" star Danny Glover writes:

If we truly care about radically reducing the number of people in our jails and prisons for nonviolent recreational use of marijuana; the consequential destabilization to families and communities; and, the crisis of prisoner re-entry into over-policed and economically neglected communities — Prop 64 is an opportunity to send a strong public policy message. Please vote YES on Prop. 64.

Hip hop legend Jay Z is also part of the team, who recently released a commercial in support of prop 64 that criticizes the War on Drugs as an "epic fail."

Artists for 64's campaign includes a new advertisement featuring retired basketball player and former Golden State Warriors star Al Harrington, who credits medical marijuana for helping him get over a staph infection, as well as treating his grandmother's glaucoma.

"I don't believe people should be arrested for marijuana anymore," Harrington said in a statement. "California can lead the country by voting yes on Prop 64."

shailenewoodley-600x459.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Shailene Woodley, Danny Glover Join List Of Celebrities To Help California Legalize Marijuana
Author: Oscar Pascual
Photo Credit: None Found

Re: Shailene Woodley, Danny Glover Join List Of Celebrities To Help CA Legalize Marij

California is a blue state and the Hollywood capital. In my opinion, I think it will pass. Any help from celebrities helps the movement and the law passing.

Back
Top Bottom