Pot Plants Worth $37 Million Eradicated

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
CONCOW — Marijuana plants with an estimated street value of more than $37 million were pulled from five pot plantations Monday and Tuesday, when they got in the way of bulldozer operators battling the Empire Fire.

The Butte County Sheriff's Special Enforcement Unit discovered the gardens June 13 and were planning to raid them at a later time.

The gardens were mapped for fire officials when the Empire blaze broke out, but on Monday a bulldozer operator pushed into one of the grows, increasing concerns for firefighter safety.

SEU commander Stephen Collins said 9,459 plants ranging from one to three feet were eradicated by deputies and agents with the Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force.

He said the five gardens were spread out over a half-mile stretch in steep, rugged terrain. No one was found tending the grows, but Collins said four abandoned campsites were found in the area.

The plants were being watered by a gravity feed system from a nearby creek. Collins said the gardens were set up similar to those operated by drug trafficking organizations. No firearms were found.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Chico Enterprise-Record
Copyright: 2008 Chico Enterprise-Record
Website: Pot plants worth $37 million eradicated - Chico Enterprise Record

CONCOW — Marijuana plants with an estimated street value of more than $37 million were pulled from five pot plantations Monday and Tuesday, when they got in the way of bulldozer operators battling the Empire Fire.

The Butte County Sheriff's Special Enforcement Unit discovered the gardens June 13 and were planning to raid them at a later time.

The gardens were mapped for fire officials when the Empire blaze broke out, but on Monday a bulldozer operator pushed into one of the grows, increasing concerns for firefighter safety.

SEU commander Stephen Collins said 9,459 plants ranging from one to three feet were eradicated by deputies and agents with the Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force.

He said the five gardens were spread out over a half-mile stretch in steep, rugged terrain. No one was found tending the grows, but Collins said four abandoned campsites were found in the area.

The plants were being watered by a gravity feed system from a nearby creek. Collins said the gardens were set up similar to those operated by drug trafficking organizations. No firearms were found.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Chico Enterprise-Record
Copyright: 2008 Chico Enterprise-Record
Website: Pot plants worth $37 million eradicated - Chico Enterprise Record

I live near this place. & to me I think people like this are gready. This kind of grower make it bad for the people the grow for medicinal reason. look this kind of GREAD is what will kill the people that grow for them self. I have many friends like myself that grow only for them & maybe for a few others. so when every one that herd about this bust feels the same as me.

Back
Top Bottom