Thread: Pot Plants Worth $37 Million Eradicated

Cannabis Connoisseur Jim Finnel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pot Plants Worth $37 Million Eradicated

CONCOW — Marijuana plants with an estimated street value of more than $37 million were pulled from five pot plantations Monday and Tuesday, when they got in the way of bulldozer operators battling the Empire Fire.

The Butte County Sheriff's Special Enforcement Unit discovered the gardens June 13 and were planning to raid them at a later time.

The gardens were mapped for fire officials when the Empire blaze broke out, but on Monday a bulldozer operator pushed into one of the grows, increasing concerns for firefighter safety.

SEU commander Stephen Collins said 9,459 plants ranging from one to three feet were eradicated by deputies and agents with the Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force.

He said the five gardens were spread out over a half-mile stretch in steep, rugged terrain. No one was found tending the grows, but Collins said four abandoned campsites were found in the area.

The plants were being watered by a gravity feed system from a nearby creek. Collins said the gardens were set up similar to those operated by drug trafficking organizations. No firearms were found.

News Hawk: User: http://www.420magazine.com/
    Source: Chico Enterprise-Record
    Copyright: 2008 Chico Enterprise-Record
    Website: Pot plants worth $37 million eradicated - Chico Enterprise Record
    420 Magazine News Team
    Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993
    http://www.420Magazine.com

420 Magazine - Your Best Choice For Cannabis News

Submit a News Article or Event
    Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Re: Pot Plants Worth $37 Million Eradicated

Quote Originally Posted by User View Post
    CONCOW — Marijuana plants with an estimated street value of more than $37 million were pulled from five pot plantations Monday and Tuesday, when they got in the way of bulldozer operators battling the Empire Fire.

The Butte County Sheriff's Special Enforcement Unit discovered the gardens June 13 and were planning to raid them at a later time.

The gardens were mapped for fire officials when the Empire blaze broke out, but on Monday a bulldozer operator pushed into one of the grows, increasing concerns for firefighter safety.

SEU commander Stephen Collins said 9,459 plants ranging from one to three feet were eradicated by deputies and agents with the Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force.

He said the five gardens were spread out over a half-mile stretch in steep, rugged terrain. No one was found tending the grows, but Collins said four abandoned campsites were found in the area.

The plants were being watered by a gravity feed system from a nearby creek. Collins said the gardens were set up similar to those operated by drug trafficking organizations. No firearms were found.

News Hawk: User: http://www.420magazine.com/
    Source: Chico Enterprise-Record
    Copyright: 2008 Chico Enterprise-Record
    Website: Pot plants worth $37 million eradicated - Chico Enterprise Record
    I live near this place. & to me I think people like this are gready. This kind of grower make it bad for the people the grow for medicinal reason. look this kind of GREAD is what will kill the people that grow for them self. I have many friends like myself that grow only for them & maybe for a few others. so when every one that herd about this bust feels the same as me.

420 Member

It's these greedy f-ks that cause the hinderance of getting it legalized for legitamate patients.

Nug of the Month Winner Carrie8300's Avatar

I agree.
    “The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture. “

Thomas Jefferson