Dr Bob finally gets around to saying HI after lurking forever in the corner

Dr Bob

Hi!

I have been lurking on this fine forum for quite a long time reading about everyone's adventures (and misadventures) in growing some incredible stuff. Up until last month I was happy to simply leech off the greatness of others and hide in the corner soaking up knowledge. But, I could see how much fun everyone was having in the pool, and feeling a bit guilty for not sharing my mistakes so others could learn I decided to jump in too.

About myself, well I have short hair, an upbeat personality, and I smoke a good old fashion pipe. Heck just see in my pic! As for growing, been doing this for off and on 20 years or so. Always from seed, used to have rooms for it, and have always grown in dirt. And by dirt I mean, dirt from my big outside gardens. Used to always feed with nothing but fish waste and such. Never knew, grew pretty nice stuff always due to the genetics, and had fun. I grow just for myself and love the fact I can now do so within the law. So, I keep it small and safe.

In comes the internet and you lot. The first time I signed on here I discovered you could get seeds online now. Whoda thunk it??? I read until my sides hurt and my eyes were red from a fellow named Fish Cake talking with, get this, a POT SMOKING CHIMP! That, in fact grows incredible plants. I know it is hard to believe but there are pictures. Then I found out from this XLR8 character, that you could do plants that finished on their own called autos. His looked SPECTACULAR! I had to get in on this right away! Time to toss aside my stone axe.

In comes a tent (4x2x5), fans (4'' ducts and fans), 400MH/HPS mit cooltube etc. You know the drill. I have done Autos (Auto Bomb, Big Bang, Bubblicious) and photos (LA Woman, Fruitilicious) this year with some very nice smoke as a result. Stressed out a few autos, but they all came away good and never lost a plant or seed in any of them.

So now that I have bored you, lets show a pic of what is happening now! In the tent here is a Fruitilicious top that is flushing and basically done. Almost 100% cloudy, no real amber though. Enjoying a lower quick dried test bud right now in fact. Nice, I must say.
SANY01152.JPG

Seriously though, this is an incredible community and that is the real reason I wanted to join. I came here first for info, but stayed because of how you all treat each other. It is rare on the internet these days and I am on a number of forums. In fact, I have never seen anything like this place. :bravo::goodjob: I would name all those that inspired me while reading these pages but the list would simply be too long.

Time for me to now go and start a journal. It shall be Delicious Northern Lights Blue, Seedmakers Alakazam and finally, Delicious Caramelo. I am looking forward to this one. New lights, SCROG, and better music.
SANY01271.JPG

:thanks: so much to all of you for making this place fantastic. I shall do my best to uphold the honor, love and knowledge of :420: and its community.

Dr. Bob

PS: Dang that was long, I need to go take care of something now... :bongrip:

Very nice intro. Happy to have you around here. When you get the journal. Post the link on your Signature. I can not wait to check out your grow. I wish you the best luck and Happy Growing.

just catch your journal Dr and yet subed, fruitylicious looks damn good man, i would give it another 10/15 dayz more but it is only a mater of own taste as i like20/30% amber usualy ,except for heavy indies i prefer to cut at 100% cloudy not later.

Well, nice to write your own adventure and share your skills and tips with us here.
i believe next period of humanity will progress only through sharing skills in every domains between us like agricultural, energy producing , effectiveness of medicine and much more. sharing is the only way to progress on the long human term IMO.

so welcome in that family and thanx to be there Dr.

E.D.

Very nice intro. Happy to have you around here. When you get the journal. Post the link on your Signature. I can not wait to check out your grow. I wish you the best luck and Happy Growing.

Done! Thanks man. We are off to the races now. I would be honored if you could come by and sub.

just catch your journal Dr and yet subed, fruitylicious looks damn good man, i would give it another 10/15 dayz more but it is only a mater of own taste as i like20/30% amber usualy ,except for heavy indies i prefer to cut at 100% cloudy not later.
so welcome in that family and thanx to be there Dr.

E.D.

In fact you are absolutely right on all counts. The pic is actually about 4 days old and she is just now getting nothing but water and molasses now. She is 70% indica in fact and I don't want to end up glued to the couch all the time. I think as I get older I like pulling earlier for the effect. It helps more with what I need from our favorite plant.
Thanks for stopping by and the welcome my new friend!

Hello and welcome to the forums. I will be by to sub to your journal in a moment. Got to go take care of my plants first. Glad you decided to join. Yeah this forum is a lot better then most forums there are still internet trolls on here but not nearly as many as there are on the rest of the net thankfully or else id be gone this is like the last bastion on the net haha.

Just a drive by and say welcome to 420. Dude it's one of the better growing sites on the net. They generally keep the drama out and there is a lot of people here that can maybe help out if it's needed. I have one of then smaller 2X4 tents myself. I use it now for a nursery but was a time it was all I had. It fit perfectly in my walk-in closet. Back then I was growing in Mo. and cops are really down on herbs there. But it was perfect at the time for personals. Plants are looking great and hopefully they smoke as good as they look. Just a idea I do, I fill my starter cups up only half way with dirt. That leaves alittle room if you have to throw some extra dirt in to support the seedlings. You 'might' need your lights atad closer to the starts to keep the leggyness to stay away. Once more Welcome and stop in when ever. Keepem Green

Just a drive by and say welcome to 420. Dude it's one of the better growing sites on the net. They generally keep the drama out and there is a lot of people here that can maybe help out if it's needed. I have one of then smaller 2X4 tents myself. I use it now for a nursery but was a time it was all I had. It fit perfectly in my walk-in closet. Back then I was growing in Mo. and cops are really down on herbs there. But it was perfect at the time for personals. Plants are looking great and hopefully they smoke as good as they look. Just a idea I do, I fill my starter cups up only half way with dirt. That leaves alittle room if you have to throw some extra dirt in to support the seedlings. You 'might' need your lights atad closer to the starts to keep the leggyness to stay away. Once more Welcome and stop in when ever. Keepem Green

Thanks Norcaliwood! I cant' wait until outside is an option to do some of the greenhouse work you do. Nothing is quite like a big outdoor garden. But, you are right, the small tents get the job done for personal needs.

Great idea on the solo cups. I usually bury them deeper at the first transplant but that is an even better way to go I think. I try to keep the CFLs within about 3 or 4 inches at most before they head into the real tent, but these did make a jump on me for the sky. Thanks again for stopping by!

Thanks Norcaliwood! I cant' wait until outside is an option to do some of the greenhouse work you do. Nothing is quite like a big outdoor garden. But, you are right, the small tents get the job done for personal needs.

Great idea on the solo cups. I usually bury them deeper at the first transplant but that is an even better way to go I think. I try to keep the CFLs within about 3 or 4 inches at most before they head into the real tent, but these did make a jump on me for the sky. Thanks again for stopping by!

Bob I think the cfl should be even closer then that. They wont burn your plant at the distance of 1 inch and since they have poor penetration into the canopy you need all the lumens ya can get and each inch away divides the lumens.

Bob I think the cfl should be even closer then that. They wont burn your plant at the distance of 1 inch and since they have poor penetration into the canopy you need all the lumens ya can get and each inch away divides the lumens.

Thanks! These CFL are actually hot to the touch and near them. My last ones were not so hot so I have been afraid with these. I topped them last night so I will move a bit closer now! Cool beans.

you can move them as close as it wont burn your hand if you leave your hand there the plant will be ok

:thumb::thumb:What's up Dr Bob, thanks for the invite, I'm not sure how to sub so it easier to find your thread (any help). About the time you are 1/2 way through flowering I will be starting my first grow, but for now I will be happy to watch and learn. Looks like you are getting subs from names that I have been reading about and learning from, good job Doc.

Go to the top of the thread and click on thread tools then click subscribe to thread in the dropdown menu. Then from there you can choose how you get updates to the thread. I choose update to control panel this way you dont get thousands of junk messages in your email everyday.

Hi SmokerJoe, thanks for the help. When I went to the subscribe bar I found that I was already subscribed. So now how do I choose update to control panel? Thanks for your help and I have enjoyed reading your threads.

Yes if you post in a thread it automatically subscribes you. The only way I know to change the way you get notifications is in the control panel or the easier way would be to unsubscribe which is the same way I told you to subscribe and then subscribe again and make the changes in the menu that pops up

Thanks SmokerJoe, 1 question down many more to go.

Whenever you want them answered pop on over and ask me in my journal. I answer all kinds of questions there

Back
Top Bottom