Hello my first time and I'm many weeks through budding stage

Dannyboy12345

I will try to upload some pics on request as I know you like to see.
I am a stoner and my English is bad!
It is a hydroponic setup of 6 females I believe they are sativa
Anyways, I haven't really kept a eye on the weeks, they were babies from begging of December.
My top bud seems to have stretched and are very slow compared to the rest of the plant.
They average from 4ft-6ft tall, the pistols are 95%white but starting to fold inwards on the lower parts off the plant
My concern is will have to wait weeks for the top bud to flower, or should I just harvest most of the plant when they are ready and give the top more time, or just chop the top off and be done with it.
Next time I do one I do have better knowledge through experience off this one and I have two to many for the space I have.
There has been a light on for a few hours during the 12hr off period and I'm wondering if that is leaking into the tent as there are several tiny tiny tiny pin holes.

Please help your advice will be very grateful
Thank you for taking time to read and repost in this thread
Thanks again Dannyboy12345

Without pictures I couldnt tell you for sure but those light leaks are a no no. Dont cut the main cola off as a lot of your yield will come from that. The cola should finish first as it is closest to the light unless you are using vertical reflectors instead of the recommended horizontal ones.. Welcome to the site. Feel free to stop by my journal. The link is below my post in the signature.

Welcome aboard mate. Lots of great people and information here. In reference to the tiny pin holes; I wouldn't worry about them personally. Natural light is not 100% dark. You have the moon and stars and sometimes it is so bright at night it is like noon. Also headlights from cars shine on some plants at times. Light from the house windows glow on them. My photoperiod plants are never in complete dark, just mostly dark and no hermies yet. I know that there are folks that will claim that 1 tiny pinhole caused their whole crop to hermi. Oh well, I just know what my results have been. There are a lot of topics that are extremely controversial. Light leaks being one of them. I usually grow auto-flowers which do not care about light leaks. My plants have always been excellent. So I don't see a need to change the way I do things. I think you are doing great. Have fun with them. This is supposed to be a source of relaxation and pleasure. Don't stress out bro. Remember to relax and have fun. :Namaste:

Thanks for the great feedback I have learned a lot during this process on my pics I do know that my leaves are yellow I struggle to get to them now. How do you upload pics

Top of the page under gallery(left hand side of the screen) Select upload photo then select the photos from the hard drive that you want to upload. When you are done it will give you a successful message. Once they are in the gallery you can insert them into the thread by clicking the camera icon in the quick reply to select from the gallery

Ok I uploaded 4 I got 1 that worked bare with me, my nutes I give them at the movement is Aqua Flores a and Aqua Flores B and boost accelerator and have a pk 13/14 and a Cana flush

image8970.jpg
image8971.jpg

image8974.jpg

image8976.jpg

The back right I bent one of the top buds to try to stop growth as a test that's why she looks bushy at the top

They look like they are finishing up with their flowering, that is why the plant is feeding of of the leaves. I wouldn't give any more nutes now or your bud is going to be harsh. Get them ready for harvest by doing a cold water flush, taping up the small light holes with duct tape (don't think that mattered too much) drop the humidity and temperature to as low as you can get it and trick the plant into thinking that she is going to die very shortly.

Check your trichomes to see how far along they are, clear = not ready, cloudy = Uppy high, Amber = Couch lock.

You can take the lower buds off if they are ready first.

Hey sabo,
Thanks for the advice I will give the water next time there ready for a drink as for the humidity I will google it
How many weeks left you think I got to go now?
Cheers buddy
image8995.jpg
image8993.jpg

Still not ready on the tops, but other buds lower on the plant looks cloudy through microscope and have fattened up recently.
Any advice on why is has taken so long, they were babies in december

They look mostly sativa to me. Sativa usually take longer. The time estimates the seed companies give seem to be shorter that reality to me. They look great to me so far. I usually add 2 to 4 weeks onto the seed companies estimates for when they are supposed to finish. But the bottom line for me is how do the plants look. Do they look done to me and not are they done yet by a schedule. :Namaste:

Thanks I was getting worried.
I cut one down about 2 week ago, dried it on the stem in bathroom to dry tried to cure, it gets me wrecked but, not that much taste or smell, super lemon haze it does smell nice before the cut, I also got a soar throat after a lot off spliffs. Has any1 added a lemon juice to there water 2 days before harvest?
Cheers for the help

It looks like open hoods in some of the first pics. If they are it could be a little too hot around them. If the top buds are in this zone and it is too hot this will cause airy or loose buds. If that is the problem a fan might help. They look like good plants all in all.

Back
Top Bottom