New commercial grow in Florida - ideas?

mmjCareFL

I am actively advocating for the passage of amemdent 2 in Florida's November election. As soon as this is out of the way, I have already a facility to grow in and a few well respected full professor's ready and on board with their expertise. Looking to provide product as well as oils and tinctures and if all goes well, a simple method to stamp ratios onto
Medicines as seals of approval. By being showy down south, I suspect we will have our own challeges with humidity, heat and keeping roots cool. Besides offering medical marijuana, we want the best trim extraction techiniquies, our goal is to provide testing facilities for other growers to authenicate their plant potency. My hopes are too push out at least 32 plants per week week. Thoughts on anything are appreciated. We have a indoor grow site, as well as a committed workforce. For MMJ Florida, we need to be concerned with root temperature as well as canopy. I have have ideas on that front. Since this will be a commercial grow with led lights ( duke power is very expensive) any thoughts on water chillers and LED's would be greatly appreciated. Ideas about strain in a primarily elderly community is a appreciated.
Peace, MMJCareFl

Re: New commercial grow in Florida -- ideas?

Hey friends. Shout outs from Bull country(green/gold).

In my experience as it pertains to the heat and humidity down this way, sativas should be your cash crop. Some variants I would recommend based on my own cultivation would be hazes, and/or thais.

I think running a commercial grow on LEDS alone is career suicide. If Florida "ok's" MMJ, the MH's and HPS's are gonna be flying off of the store shelves, and you'll have the natives to deal with as far as comp goes.

Good luck

Hey friends. Shout outs from Bull country(green/gold).

In my experience as it pertains to the heat and humidity down this way, sativas should be your cash crop. Some variants I would recommend based on my own cultivation would be hazes, and/or thais.

I think running a commercial grow on LEDS alone is career suicide. If Florida "ok's" MMJ, the MH's and HPS's are gonna be flying off of the store shelves, and you'll have the natives to deal with as far as comp goes.

Good luck

Why is running a commercial grower on LEDS career suicide?

That's what I would like to know. If you throw enough watts with maybe 4 * 240 piece 5watt panel for every 4x8 hydro scrog table, I think should be more than enough. For an outdoor grow, I understand Sav route. But indoors, shouldn't matter really right? I'm green and gold local, so I'm not sure what you mean. I have a feeling the licensing costs will be a bitch. PS Go Bulls!

:welcome: to :420: mmjCareFL. I am glad that you are here. I have to believe that you are correct on the led growing for your operation. They cost less to run, generate less heat and grow just as well as hps now. It seems like a sound business choice to me. My wife and I are activist also. The last I heard from FL is that 82% will be voting yes in Nov. Also you know that a high cbd strain will be a total sell out. You will not be able to keep the stuff on the shelves. Medical is BIG BIG BIG. And a cbd strain is going to be a killer. I have a few links that might help you find something that is of interest to you.

For growing this is a good link How to Grow Marijuana

And photos are always nice for a journal Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Note from Cannafan: the most common problem on uploading photos is the user not completing all of the steps involved. Be absolutely sure to get that final "process" pics page completed.

Speaking of journals How to Make a Grow Journal

For medical issues we have this MEDICAL MARIJUANA

For edibles Cannabis Edibles

For legal and activist things 420 LEGAL ACTION

And a FAQ to help with general things Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any questions feel free to ask as we have a lot of wonderful people with a lot of knowledge that are willing to help.
:peace: :Namaste:

That's what I would like to know. If you throw enough watts with maybe 4 * 240 piece 5watt panel for every 4x8 hydro scrog table, I think should be more than enough. For an outdoor grow, I understand Sav route. But indoors, shouldn't matter really right? I'm green and gold local, so I'm not sure what you mean. I have a feeling the licensing costs will be a bitch. PS Go Bulls!

I didn't say "not" to use LEDs. I simply stated that running the grow op {alone} on LEDs would not be ideal.

My oh my. I have run both HIDs and LEDs. If I had to choose based on final yield as well as rate of turnover, I'd bet on HIDs.

But hey, tomato, tomatoes.

I didn't say "not" to use LEDs. I simply stated that running the grow op {alone} on LEDs would not be ideal.

My oh my. I have run both HIDs and LEDs. If I had to choose based on final yield as well as rate of turnover, I'd bet on HIDs.

But hey, tomato, tomatoes.

I am not experienced enough to know so I was asking, why should you not use LED's alone as a commercial grower?

Hey thanks, I really do appreciate the input. I was wondering about the nm ranges you used when you did your flower using led. Did they push UV and how many watts per led diode? MH will push UV and I can image a better yield with MH vs LED without UV In the LED spectrum. -- Go Bulls

There are several good threads on led grows here Journals in Progress.

Also the led sponsors here have some very excellent threads that discuss everything in extreme detail Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®.

I just bought Top LED and am excited to see the results. I just switched from HPS. My new light has UV and the LEDs are 5watt. I know that there is a commercial grower here in Colorado that has switched to all LED for his plants. He seems to be having great success with them. I know that in the past LEDs were not as good as an HPS. But times have changed and now the best LEDs are every bit as good as HPS. I believe that the bottom line is each individual needs to go with what they believe to be the best solution for them. If it is LED, go for it. If it is HPS, go for it. We all want everyone to grow their best and succeed. You have to do what makes you happy and have fun with. If we forget to have fun, then what is the point. :peace: :Namaste:

Thanks for the info. I'll be checking out the journals. I'm under the same impression as well. The newer LEDs have come a long way. I think pumping a little more UV during flower from an additional source might help as well. Don't think I need MH to do that. Maybe just a UV source

Hey thanks, I really do appreciate the input. I was wondering about the nm ranges you used when you did your flower using led. Did they push UV and how many watts per led diode? MH will push UV and I can image a better yield with MH vs LED without UV In the LED spectrum. -- Go Bulls

I'll let ya' know in November.:peace:

it was close to a hundred last week here in florida.Imo hids would make the heat really hard to control and costly to run it and costly to cool it.I would consider a roof over roof structure.They make a porcelin paint that bounces the sun off keeping the building cool as well.Although I dont officially use a led (yet), my hundreds of hours of lite research, and Ive tested some led grown stuff around here.A strong indica will produce a more consitent (less mold). The stuff that has a reputation for doing better is the rock type nuggets.Big giant colas produce big giant rot/mold problems.,You want weight...SCROG. Theres really not even another option that is easy to produce weight that I know of.(i know very little and learning like everyone here)Your business will be more profitable if you get more lbs per square inch so to speak. Florida sux as far as our medical needs.We are still deemed criminals while a lot of you can grow your own.Im one of the 82% that will vote yes for Medical Marijuana and would definatly qualify for a med card from what I see in all the other states.

Back
Top Bottom