Hi everyone. New 2 farming n need serious help!

Hemapa

Hey. I have sum serious problems. I started my plants indoors n rockwool, and moved outdoors for flowering because my stuff got to big for indoor space. I'm 5 weeks nto flower and they look like shit. I planted rockwool directly into 420 blend soil. They r n 6 gallon tubs. I diluted nutrients for a few days n shit rapidly started turning yellow. The ell owing has seized, but growth seems stunted, and the top buds look burnt. I am way n over my head. Please help.
image12123.jpg

image12142.jpg
image12143.jpg
image12144.jpg

Here r sum other pictures. I'm using general hydroponics. Ph is 6.5. Working my way to 7, Since it's in soil now. I use a 20 gallon garbage can with hose water to mix nutrients. Only the top buds look burnt. Buds forming underneath look fine. They r deathstars. I'm freaking out. Please any advise is greatly appreciated.

Also I have hade many problems just from using tap water. Going with RO water insures u don't have any unknown stuff in your water . Where I live I have a well and it is way to "hard"to use. Switching to RO is a good way to take that unknown out and then u know exactly what's in the food.

Good idea. Not sure I have the means to do R o this time around, but definitely next time. I'm currently mixing half strength because it's in 420 blend dirt with all the nutrients it really needs. The thing is that I was never intending on placing n dirt, but the rockwool was getting to hot, n drying out so quickly that I was going through massive amounts of nutes. I diluted nutes for a few days because of money issues, and then added dirt. Within the 3 days, massive amounts of fan leaves turned yellow n began dying. :( I'm jus worried that there aren't enough fan leaves left to do the job right. I'm also concerned about the top buds looking burnt. Does anyone know anything specifically about deathstar? Also, why do all the leaves look like tacos?

I would have said your low on nutes and the plant is trying to use what it has stored, but I have never used dirt with any nutes in it. So I don't know how long it really lasts the plant. I personally found for me it's Easier to use a soilless mix. That way I control everything going in. But when it come down to it every one has a little bit of a different setup and each have there own tricks. When did u last add/ repot in that soil and do u know the npk of it? I am wondering if it has used all of what was there and now needs stronger food.

Good afternoon. I'm a hydro grower and don't really hard much insight on soil. However I suggest you head over to an ongoing journal(link is below). He's growing in ideal 420 and may be able to help you.

Shadowman's Ideal 420 Soil Grow 2014

Hear stress outdoors? Not sure where u are located but I suggest placing ur ladies in an area not directly in the sun maybe under a canopy of some sort

N Cali. It was super hot. I watered early am, came home around 4 n the weakest looking plant was toast. Sum of the other plants were affected, but not as bad. Is it possible that the heat is causing the buds to look burnt like n the pic above?

Also I have hade many problems just from using tap water. Going with RO water insures u don't have any unknown stuff in your water . Where I live I have a well and it is way to "hard"to use. Switching to RO is a good way to take that unknown out and then u know exactly what's in the food.

yeh man, hey the best water is rainwater (i use fresh water from mountain rocks, but we cant all have access to this!)

but if i had to use the "water" that is in the babylon water systems, then i would collect rain water instead !

welcome to the site :) the pics dont look so bad? just didnt produce so much?
i grow only in soil and have no experience with hydro growing..

N Cali. It was super hot. I watered early am, came home around 4 n the weakest looking plant was toast. Sum of the other plants were affected, but not as bad. Is it possible that the heat is causing the buds to look burnt like n the pic above?

oh wow yes for sure this has something to do with it!!!! i was growing in spain outdoors and it got to over 40c last summer, some people plants ended up exactly how yours look.. we have a "bud club" in the village in spain, were we all meet up and exchange buds , seeds, cuttings, and get high and help each other out, and we learnt that we should cover around the pots, we used starw as we had lots of it, to keep the pots protected from the heat.
one guy was growing in terrecotta pots, and hes plants were fine, many of us experience the yellow leaves problem, and it was because the roots were getting way too hot!! after covering the pots, 8 or 9 days later every plant was good again ( we took off the unhealthy leaves)

cover those pots man asap!!

:welcome: Hemapa. Just caught up with your problem. I think OnTheMove is right. I'm growing outdoors in pots in a very hot climate and burnt my girls in the midday sun a month or so ago. (See the details in my journal). Got yellow leaves like yours and lost some fans. Also my pots were on stone walls which get terribly hot in the day,so I was also slow-cooking my girls' roots from beneath. Not a great combination. Fortunately the 420 community were in like Flynn and saved their lives.

OnTheMove's suggestion of straw sounds very good. And he's right about terracotta pots too - there's a reason in hot countries that we use them for flowers in the yard! I just move my girls into dappled shade for a few hours in the middle of the day now and keep them off stone and concrete and that's sorted them right out.

Don't panic, keep them out of the hot sun, or protect them from it, and it will be fine. Let us know how you get on.
:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom