Hi from Podd in the UK

Podd

420 Member
Oh, the weather is dire here in the UK, the only way we can tell it's Summer is the rains slightly warmer. It's a real killer for Outdoor Grows, so I got my 'Random' head on and decided to grow in 'Insulated' storage bins, sort of a 'closed' system and Led Lights (Yeah I know but it's a heat thing). I can dump the heat quite easily but I'm planning on generating Co2 as well by actually brewing two heated Demijohns of wine in the same bin, that way if the grow fails at least I can get drunk!
I will probably add some pics later as it's still under construction but my AutoFem seeds have arrived, The Widow, Big Bang 2 and a free one Africa (?), all of these are quite small plants but with an eight or nine week cycle, I can grow two plants and just have room for two Demijohns. I have 'Split' lights, two sets of four each side and two in the centre (All individually switched), there is a logic to this as I 'intend' to start on one side and four or five weeks later start off the other side and then four or five weeks later.....Awww, you get it, basically a continous 'Grow'.
Now AutoFem seeds are really expensive so I ordered some Tiresias Mist, but that's another story for another day, I have to get this one up and running first.
Before I forget, the two lights in the middle are UV Lights, I plan to 'Blast' the flowering side with a 'Short' burst of UV as this is supposed to (Read that as Might) increase the THC, oh yeah the Demijohns will be shielded with tinfoil so the yeast dosn't die, the wine heaters are only 15w and the heat will be recycled to keep the plants in the 'temp' window. The light will be on 18/6 and the 'Off' time will be at the warmest part of the day scavenging as much heat as possible, any suggestions on improvements would be appreciated and errrrrr Hi BTW.

Hi Podd, welcome to :420: :welcome:

Wow, interesting setup you'll have there. Be sure to update us with some pics of that :)

If you need any tips for posting pics, etc., check out New Member Start Links and if you have any questions be sure to post them tooFAQs

:Namaste:

Well, Just a Mini update. Been 'Running' the bin with just a 20w wine heater pad and no lights, the outside temp dropped to 15.1 Deg C last nignt (Mmmm, UK 'Summer' eh?) and the internal temp of the bin had a max temp of 21.5 Deg C and a min temp of 20.4 Deg C (No lights on yet!) so quite promising, As the Plant buckets sit partially on the heater even the soil is heated (Might shield that though?). The Seeds are germinating (I Hope?). I changed the design of the lights and now have Five each side on three circuits, so can have One light, Two lights, Three lights, Four light or Five lights, (Obviously I can Swop the Bulbs to more powerful ones) still not happy with this but for the moment it can wait (It is a 'Test' setup after all), found some Stainless Steel Serving bowls (Honest) at a local shop and they 'Could' be modded to make excellent reflectors.

Back
Top Bottom