Looking for Answers

MedicalGirl

Hi there. My name is Eachna (which is pronounced ock-nuh; but you can just call me by my screen name - it's Welsh by the way). I'm a twenty-seven year old girl/young woman and I live in upper northern California in the USA. I used to be an avid stoner for many years - about an eighth a day both medically and recreationally (at the time, for depression) for about four years straight. I had a card and an indoor grow-op and everything but eventually I had to quit smoking because I started having adverse reactions - they could have been from a contraindication between antidepressants and marijuana or just a psychological change - I'm not sure what happened to be honest. I started getting episodes of paranoia and I began to hate the sensation of being stoned.

It's been a few years now and recently, I was diagnosed with a severe pain syndrome. At first I was misdiagnosed with TMJ, then fibromyalgia, and later, cubital tunnel syndrome. It turned out that I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, also called Suked's Dystrophy, Causalgia and most recently, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS. It is a lot like Multiple Sclerosis however it rarely produces the same deadly prognosis - just the exact same symptoms regarding pain, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, contorting/crippling, and partial paralyses. Currently it effects my right hand from the fingers up to the shoulder. I can no longer handwrite, do any of my poetry or artwork; it's difficult just to hold an empty plastic cup, my fine motor skills are poor, my grip is weak, and I'm going to have to start physical and occupational therapy to learn to write and function left handed. Actually I've already been going to a few therapy sessions but don't know if they're helping or not - next week I get to learn to hold chopsticks left-handed... Yay! (Yeah, right...) Unfortunately this is starting to occur in my left arm now though, too, which isn't uncommon for CRPS.

After having tried dozens of prescriptions that were written for me (trazodone, neurontin/gabapentin, flexeril, amitryptaline, morphine, valium, tylenol, ibuprofen and naprosyn), and having little to no reduction in pain, I decided to try medical marijuana again. I bought some of the CBD type hoping that it wouldn't get me high. I was recommended a strain called Harlequin. It helped with the pain more than any of the prescription drugs my doctor has given me, but the high and stoney feeling was scary and I just threw the rest away the next day because I disliked it so much. I went to another dispensary and they are ordering something called Cannatonic for me that they said has roughly 1% THC and 5% CBD. They say it shouldn't get me high, but that's what the other dispensary said about the Harlequin. They also said that if this strain causes me to feel uncomfortable, I might just be allergic (i.e. too sensitive to THC to use any of its product, however one lady suggested getting liquid edible oil or honey type products and putting just a few drops from a dropper under my tongue - that seems logical and worth a try)...

Anyway, I joined this site to find out more about what medical marijuana can do for CRPS with myalgia and myositis, as well as to inquire about whether or not there's any possible way to use marijuana and not get high at all, but still have medicinal effects. I searched the forums for MS, CRPS and fibromyalgia and found a lot of interesting articles that will probably take me weeks to finish reading - I can't believe there are so many! (I wasn't able to find any info on these types of syndromes and medical marijuana anywhere else - at least not of the same length, detail and quantity of articles).

Since I don't smoke anymore - been quit off of cigarettes for four months now, I will only vaporize as the last time I tried to smoke it, (the Harlequin), it tasted like burnt paper and burnt my throat really badly. I don't have the money to afford a volcano, but I'm an avid member of the vaping community, build my own mods and coils and such, and am looking for some advice on what kind of personal APV to get... The vape community that I'm part of does not allow discussion about marijuana on their site so I haven't been able to ask any of the veteran vapers on there if they know what they'd recommend for a 4 in 1 vape pen (I'm looking for something that will do nicotine e-juice, wax/oil, concentrates, and dry plant matter).

So essentially, those are the reasons I'm here for the most part. I'm just in so much pain and as I've been losing the function of my right/dominant hand rapidly, it's been extremely difficult on me, depressing and lonely - I figured there might be other people here with serious diseases that hurt really badly. Also, if it's between the stoney feeling and the pain, I'll take the stoney feeling, but so far I haven't been able to figure out what direction to go with the strains, but I'm willing to try different things. By accepting the stoney feeling as a trade off for pain management, I don't mean I'd tolerate the scary feeling though - I need to find something that doesn't cause that side-effect. Earlier this year I had tried Girl Scout Cookies, Cherry Pie, and Blue Dream and all of those particulars caused me to get a really frightened and guilty, sort of anxious feeling about everything I'd ever done wrong in my life - it's hard to explain but I think it was some sort of panicky type thing. I hope some people here can come up with some fresh suggestions for me. My Cannatonic comes in next Wednesday, so I won't be able to test that out for about a week and a half.

Thanks for having me here <3

P.S. @Staff - is there an area on these forums for people in pain or people with diseases to talk to one another exclusively instead of commiserating all over the entire forum in random places?

Hi there. My name is Eachna (which is pronounced ock-nuh; but you can just call me by my screen name - it's Welsh by the way). I'm a twenty-seven year old girl/young woman and I live in upper northern California in the USA. I used to be an avid stoner for many years - about an eighth a day both medically and recreationally (at the time, for depression) for about four years straight. I had a card and an indoor grow-op and everything but eventually I had to quit smoking because I started having adverse reactions - they could have been from a contraindication between antidepressants and marijuana or just a psychological change - I'm not sure what happened to be honest. I started getting episodes of paranoia and I began to hate the sensation of being stoned.

It's been a few years now and recently, I was diagnosed with a severe pain syndrome. At first I was misdiagnosed with TMJ, then fibromyalgia, and later, cubital tunnel syndrome. It turned out that I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, also called Suked's Dystrophy, Causalgia and most recently, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS. It is a lot like Multiple Sclerosis however it rarely produces the same deadly prognosis - just the exact same symptoms regarding pain, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, contorting/crippling, and partial paralyses. Currently it effects my right hand from the fingers up to the shoulder. I can no longer handwrite, do any of my poetry or artwork; it's difficult just to hold an empty plastic cup, my fine motor skills are poor, my grip is weak, and I'm going to have to start physical and occupational therapy to learn to write and function left handed. Actually I've already been going to a few therapy sessions but don't know if they're helping or not - next week I get to learn to hold chopsticks left-handed... Yay! (Yeah, right...) Unfortunately this is starting to occur in my left arm now though, too, which isn't uncommon for CRPS.

After having tried dozens of prescriptions that were written for me (trazodone, neurontin/gabapentin, flexeril, amitryptaline, morphine, valium, tylenol, ibuprofen and naprosyn), and having little to no reduction in pain, I decided to try medical marijuana again. I bought some of the CBD type hoping that it wouldn't get me high. I was recommended a strain called Harlequin. It helped with the pain more than any of the prescription drugs my doctor has given me, but the high and stoney feeling was scary and I just threw the rest away the next day because I disliked it so much. I went to another dispensary and they are ordering something called Cannatonic for me that they said has roughly 1% THC and 5% CBD. They say it shouldn't get me high, but that's what the other dispensary said about the Harlequin. They also said that if this strain causes me to feel uncomfortable, I might just be allergic (i.e. too sensitive to THC to use any of its product, however one lady suggested getting liquid edible oil or honey type products and putting just a few drops from a dropper under my tongue - that seems logical and worth a try)...

Anyway, I joined this site to find out more about what medical marijuana can do for CRPS with myalgia and myositis, as well as to inquire about whether or not there's any possible way to use marijuana and not get high at all, but still have medicinal effects. I searched the forums for MS, CRPS and fibromyalgia and found a lot of interesting articles that will probably take me weeks to finish reading - I can't believe there are so many! (I wasn't able to find any info on these types of syndromes and medical marijuana anywhere else - at least not of the same length, detail and quantity of articles).

Since I don't smoke anymore - been quit off of cigarettes for four months now, I will only vaporize as the last time I tried to smoke it, (the Harlequin), it tasted like burnt paper and burnt my throat really badly. I don't have the money to afford a volcano, but I'm an avid member of the vaping community, build my own mods and coils and such, and am looking for some advice on what kind of personal APV to get... The vape community that I'm part of does not allow discussion about marijuana on their site so I haven't been able to ask any of the veteran vapers on there if they know what they'd recommend for a 4 in 1 vape pen (I'm looking for something that will do nicotine e-juice, wax/oil, concentrates, and dry plant matter).

So essentially, those are the reasons I'm here for the most part. I'm just in so much pain and as I've been losing the function of my right/dominant hand rapidly, it's been extremely difficult on me, depressing and lonely - I figured there might be other people here with serious diseases that hurt really badly. Also, if it's between the stoney feeling and the pain, I'll take the stoney feeling, but so far I haven't been able to figure out what direction to go with the strains, but I'm willing to try different things. By accepting the stoney feeling as a trade off for pain management, I don't mean I'd tolerate the scary feeling though - I need to find something that doesn't cause that side-effect. Earlier this year I had tried Girl Scout Cookies, Cherry Pie, and Blue Dream and all of those particulars caused me to get a really frightened and guilty, sort of anxious feeling about everything I'd ever done wrong in my life - it's hard to explain but I think it was some sort of panicky type thing. I hope some people here can come up with some fresh suggestions for me. My Cannatonic comes in next Wednesday, so I won't be able to test that out for about a week and a half.

Thanks for having me here <3

P.S. @Staff - is there an area on these forums for people in pain or people with diseases to talk to one another exclusively instead of commiserating all over the entire forum in random places?

hello med girl
:welcome: to :420:

sorry to hear about your illness . i also was gifted with a chronic disease it is called ankylosing spondylitis ..it will eventually land me in a wheel chair . my back is fusing to my hips and my neck is fusing to my back . i haven't been able to lay in a bed of flat for many years .. i almost let the depression from this kill me faster than the disease untill i found my new hobby of growing some beautiful medicine .

u can look here for info on medical marijuana and strains
MEDICAL MARIJUANA

we also have a sponsor section that u can browse for more info on your specific vape pen
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

also here is a group of threads on vape pens from our members that u can browse for answers and reviews
Vape Pens Search
:thumb:

Thank you :)
Sorry to hear about your illness... Those S and C vertebrae can be painful on their own let alone fusing with the hips - I hope you're able to find some relief. And yeah, the depression from facing these things can sometimes be almost worse than the physical pain. Life just is what it throw at you though, I guess :-/

:welcome: to :420:

I am so sorry you're in constant pain. I can not understand what you're going through. There are a lot of medical users here that should be able to point you in the right direction. I truly hope you find a strain/ strains that will help reduce your pain. Keep fighting the good fight! R.C.

I've yet to research here on the e-liquid use of cannabis, but a local employee of a e-cigarette B&M told me he is working on a BHO extraction that works in the standard RBAs we use with nicotine e-liquids. That would certainly be an exciting alternative.

Back
Top Bottom