Big hello to the community!

CannaCanuck

I have lurked many a cannabis forums over the last while and soon tired of the almost childlike mentality most seem to propagate. Heaven forbid if you have a different opinion and prepare to be flamed if you have the audacity to actually voice it.

Then I found 420mag. A place where everyone shares their knowledge and are quick to lend a helping hand/advise. But most importantly, from what I've read here so far, is the open-mindedness... a differing opinion/method is greeted with fact based discussion not insults. All I will say is that I absolutely love it here... the only thing that could possibly make it better was if it was an actual physical place... you'd have to physically remove me at days end, lol.

A bit about myself. I suffer with severe nerve and muscular skeletal pain from a work injury and the subsequent failed reconstructive surgeries. I have spent most of my adult life dependent on opiates of one type or another to give me some quality of life and in the doses I had to take for relief they interfered more then they helped

Three years ago I started seeing a well respected pain management doctor and he mentioned cannabis to me and to be honest I almost walked out of the office because of my prohibition/government propaganda fueled feelings about this plant. He told me to keep an open mind and do some research. To be honest I didn't even bother looking into it for another 2 years not until 2 new meds I was put on landed me in the hospital in respiratory distress. As I laid in my hospital bed on a ventilator I realized I have to change the way I was dealing with my pain or next time I may not be lucky enough to make it to the hospital in time.

Anywho, to make a short story long, once I was out of the hospital I contacted my doctor and had the forms filled out. I started using cannabis about a year ago and have been able to cut way back on my pain meds and most importantly I feel so much better both physically and mentally.

I am currently awaiting one last surgery and once recovered I will start cultivating my own crop of meds. Until then I will continue to lurk and increase my knowledge of this absolutely amazing plant.

Probably way too much personal info in this post but I feel so strongly about this plant that I try to tell my story as much as possible.. cannabis has given me a life I honestly thought I would never have again.

CC.

CC.... we're not supposed to tell you this until you've been a member for awhile... but we're actually all at my house right now! LOL :)
Seriously... I agree 100% with everything you've said about this site and the people on it!! I'm glad to hear your pain is being better controlled. :) Your story, except for the work injury, is very similar to mine.... I was actually taking WAY more narcotics than I was supposed to and now I take ZERO!! Welcome and I hope to hear about your future progress! Take care. :peace:

Thank you so much for sharing! Best of luck with your health, and I'll see you around!

:high-five: :green_heart: :welcome: :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Welcome to :420:, and welcome to our community.
The best place for Cannabis awareness and information. :peace:
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free.

Back
Top Bottom