Hey yall

Johnglenn

I just want to say hello before I start reading. I am in mi and will be growing in a garage soon so if you have any tips or designs for a room I would appreciate a heads up.
Thanks, John

I just want to say hello before I start reading. I am in mi and will be growing in a garage soon so if you have any tips or designs for a room I would appreciate a heads up.
Thanks, John

:welcome: Johnglenn! Great to have you join us. :) I have found this site to be, without question, the most helpful and to have very knowledgeable members. When I posted a link to my grow journal as part of my signature, I began to have many experienced growers give their suggestions and comments.... VERY helpful! There are some links that you may find helpful at the bottom of this page.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing your posts. :peace:

Greetings Johnglenn and welcome to the best site for promoting cannabis awareness towards ending its prohibition:420: :welcome:

You can try posting your question in FAQs for better coverage, but there is so much already on the site that you'll likely find a lot more information by searching rather than just waiting for someone to volunteer it.

Also, as Beateo suggests, a grow journal will get a lot of attention as well.

:Namaste:

Hello JG & welcome.
I would search the site for key words & terms.
this is a learning experience & you MUST read a great deal of info to build the knowledge base !
do NOT wait for help, many are lurkers, many will not answer vague questions.
read read take notes. learn to copy to word pad or MSword chunks of good info for later review.
find the FORUM that supports your issue.
Luck,
Slag

Welcome aboard :rollit:

need more specifics, but in general - you could build a small cabinet or build a small room/closet in the garage, depending on how big you want your grow to be. Is your garage fully insulated and climate controlled with the rest of the house? or is it just an unheated/uninsulated wooden box? in any case, you need to control the environment of your grow room/cabinet.... light, air circulation and temperature control. How you accomplish this is determined in part by the space you're starting with and in part by what materials you have available to utilize.

I'm in a somewhat similar climate as you, and with winter approaching our main concern right now will be keeping the space warm enough. Some of this heat MIGHT come from your light, but what light you run is partly determined by the size of your space. For my space I can only run CFL or T5 - neither of which gets hot enough to heat the cabinet on their own, so I run a tiny electric ceramic element heater to keep the warmth constant. Even if my space would accommodate a MH/HPS lamp (which run hottest of the usual options) it would only work for lights-on time.... I'd still need the heater for dark time.

Give us a little more info on what you want your end result to be and what you have to work with and we can help you a lot better. ;)

Again, welcome aboard :420:

Thanks, John
:welcome:

Give us more information and it will make it a bit easier to help you.

What strain you looking to grow ...

How much space do you have...

How many plants you want to grow

What is your light source..

Filtration idea...growing medium

The good news is you have this forum which I feel is the best for information.

Feel free to come by my journal. Entering week 6 of flowering with LEDs. Getting fun

Hi! :)

Lots of information to be had on setups throughout the site. Best to browse around the forums and look through grow journals, product reviews, etc. for ideas on where to start. Enjoy, and see ya around!

:high-five::welcome:;)

Wellcome,

You are in the right place man,

Any help you need we are here.
A great way to get to know how to do things is to view the journals of the 420 members and, if you want, make some questions over the journals so people can tell you why its being done this or other way. Ususaly people have their journal links on the signature, so you can just start with the links on the answers you got here on this thread....can start with mine if you want :p

Enjoy and feel free to ask what ever you want.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom