colorfuldayze

Hello everyone and greetings. Like many others, my grow efforts have already benefited from the 420 community. Finally signing up and jumping in has already generated a lot of useful and intriguing correspondence with other members. This community has taken my perspective of growing and sharing to a whole new level in just a couple of days. Thank you to the 420 community!

I am proud to say I hail from the great state of Alaska and am still numb from the VICTORY we accomplished last week! I voted yes to make history in making recreational cannabis legal in Alaska!

I have one strain I've been growing for years that is a hybrid cross that started with Northern Lights, Afghan, and Ruderalis Skunk that I got from a friend in Germany back in the 90s. I hope I don't pester folks too much with all of my light cycle inquiries and if I do then :Namaste:

I'd like to make a journal of my next gro in February and am considering doing a small experiment with side by side grows of my auto strain using different light cycles to evaluate any response.

Cheers everyone, so glad to be here!

:welcome: colorfuldayze! It's apparent you've already discovered how AWESOME this site is. :) Congrats on your state victory.... I feel like that's yet another thing WE can accomplish by working together here.... getting the TRUTH about cannabis out to the public voters!
I look forward to seeing your journal. Good Luck! :peace:

Congrats Colorfuldayze!!! I am so excited about the shift in the country and moving to decriminalization, comprehensive medical programs and all out recreational use. I honestly never thought I'd be young enough to enjoy this era!

Look forward to seeing a journal from ya

I've always wanted to visit Alaska now at least I'll be able to smoke some good bud easily and legally when I do!

Thanks for checking out the grow!

Can't wait to see u get started..

Any plans yet? Gonna do side by side of something different?

Hey Papasmoke! Yeah! We jokingly tell everyone that AK is really boring, nothing to see, horrible weather lol! You will love it and it will indeed be even cooler in about 1.5 years when the providers can start rolling it out. Homegrow should be fully legal by the end of February! Thanks for asking - I'm currently growing an homemade auto strain I've ended up with from random crosses over the years of Northern Lights x Afghan x Ruderalis Skunk. I'm running one constant grow area about 1 m2 in a spare bedroom under a 400W HPS. I'm so tempted to start a journal know as I finish it out the next 20-30 days but am worried I wont have the time to do it justice so am looking forward to kicking one off in Feb. when I plan to start my next grow. Thanks again, and best wishes to your garden! Cheers

Sounds great bro!! Best of luck to you as well...

Keep in touch so I can check out your journal!

colorfuldayze_NL_x_Afghan_x_Ruderalis_Skunk_11-11-14_8_.JPG
colorfuldayze_NL_x_Afghan_x_Ruderalis_Skunk_11-11-14_7_.JPG
colorfuldayze_NL_x_Afghan_x_Ruderalis_Skunk_11-11-14_6_.JPG
colorfuldayze_NL_x_Afghan_x_Ruderalis_Skunk_11-11-14_5_.JPG
colorfuldayze_NL_x_Afghan_x_Ruderalis_Skunk_11-11-14_4_.JPG
colorfuldayze_NL_x_Afghan_x_Ruderalis_Skunk_11-11-14_3_.JPG
colorfuldayze_NL_x_Afghan_x_Ruderalis_Skunk_11-11-14_2_.JPG
colorfuldayze_NL_x_Afghan_x_Ruderalis_Skunk_11-11-14_1_.JPG
IMG_100630.JPG
Hi Everybody. I thought I would be and selfish if I didn't post and acknowledge the team members that make up the garden! This is my cast away mutant strain that is the culmination of about 7 or 8 generations of random crossing. Northern Lights x Afghan x Ruderalis Skunk. Setup is a spare bedroom, 4ftx4ft platform, 12 x 1.25-gallon pots with my own ratio of sandy-loamy pro mix, 400W HPS currently at 18/6, box fan cooled and outside window air flow, canopy has been too hot lately (about 85-89 deg F) but steady at about 63 deg F at night. Lolly popped about 20 days ago, currently at day 79 and will probably be another 20-25 days. I'll post some more pictures at harvest! This photo upload is good practice for the journal I plan to do in February when I start my next gro (and I apologize in advance if this post is an abdominal failure lol - here goes)! thanks for your interest! cheers all

;)

Nice introduction, and great pictures! :)

Yeah, it made me so happy to hear about both Oregon and Alaska, thank you for making your vote count! I'd love to see a grow journal for your current plants, personally. See ya around!

:welcome: :goodjob: :high-five: :yummy: :thumb:

Wow Colorfuldayze Nice Forest! And congrats to Alaska - I wish the "live free or die" state would follow suit! Maybe someday
Im subbed and will be following along and youll have to Invite me when you start your new journal in Feb!:peace:

Thanks nhteatime! It really is an awesome feeling after years of corrupt and frustrating prohibition to be so fortunate to be in a state that has fully legalized it! Remember my early years of listening to Peter Tosh and Bob to refill the soul with hope and patience. The vote was completely across the board too - conservative voting yes for good business sense and liberals voting no...for whatever reasons I can't imagine...one of the reasons I am so thankful to discover and be a part of this community - common sense and the right thing to do, helping your neighbor should know no boundaries! Cheers, and looking forward to following your grow!

:thanks:

I'm new to the 420 Mag community - how cool to be in Alaska right now! I know it's only been 10 days since the election but how does it feel? What's the media mood?

Shandar

Hi Shandar, it is a really good feeling. Overall I think the atmosphere is very supportive of it - the media is definitely supportive. Alaska is really a paradox politically in my opinion. Not sure how it was in WA or CO but here the yes/no votes were all across the political spectrum. Honestly I think a greater percentage of anti-legalization folks are simply uninformed and misinformed as a result of fear mongering. The anti/vote no adds were ridiculously pathetic - you can just let your imagination run and that's pretty much what they were pushing. Thanks for your interest Shandar Cheers

Nice to meet you colorfuldaze:hug:

Love your tall ladies. It almost looks like a bamboo forest in the grow room.:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom