New Member - Old Grower - From Canada!

Hi everyone!

So excited to be sharing my experience and knowledge about growing medical Cannabis!
I'm from Canada and im always looking to learn to tricks and ideas on how to stay efficient and produce solid yields!

Been growing for a few years now and I feel that my confidence in growing has increased exponentially and I'm ready to hash out tips and conversations that will only improve my grow

Re: New member old grower :) From Canada!!

image16649.jpg

Re: New member old grower :) From Canada!

image16652.jpg

Started everything in a micro space bucket I created myself. Best results I've ever had start off in these buckets

:welcome: Pidgeons420 to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
It seems you are well on your way and already have much knowledge but
there are links below in my signature that may be of use to you.
Also, I always recommend a grow journal so that our experienced members can find your grow and offer assistance.
It also allows others to gain knowledge from you.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck!
Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.
Greenest Regards, :peace:
BEATEO

I'm always looking for advice on things that I could work on in the future. I have 5 unplanted seeds that I'll be planting at least 2 of today!

What method do you use to germinate your seeds prior to putting them in the soil? I've actually used the wet paper towel and soaking in a shot glass both with very good results. :peace:

I'm always looking for advice on things that I could work on in the future. I have 5 unplanted seeds that I'll be planting at least 2 of today!

I've always just put them in the soil. I've only tried the paper towel once without prevail. does either method have an impact on the later product?

Pigeons420, I doubt there is much impact on the outcome. I wait to see the shell cracked and preferably a tap root before planting... but that's only the way I learned it.... doesn't mean just putting it in the soil, or anyone else's method, is wrong. Look forward to following your grow! Good Luck. :peace:

I've always just put them in the soil. I've only tried the paper towel once without prevail. does either method have an impact on the later product?

Thanks so much! To be quite honest I'm the only one of my "growing circle" that uses the soil method so maybe it's a bit archaic and that's not to say it hasn't failed for me as well. But like you said it's the way I learned. Breaking habit is never easy lol.

However, since I've got your attention (thanks for paying attention) I've got a question that I've asked earlier today but have no gotten a reply
"when a plant says for example "flowering time 55 days" what does that ACTUALLY mean? I understand that it will take 55 days to flower. But when does that time actually start? The moment you switch 12/12? A couple days later? And does it actually mean it's going to take 55 days or is that a ball park?"

Pigeons420, the way I understand it, my kush says "flowering 70 days". I had it growing veg. with 18/6 lighting for 2 months, then I switched my lighting to 12 hours on/12 hours off. That day was day 1 of flowering. Today is day 51 for me and I'm seeing my pistils changing colors and my trichomes are turning from clear to milky. I haven't seen any trichs that are amber yet but according to the seed bank, I've still got about 19 days left to go. In my opinion, that figure is strictly ball park. I bought a jeweler's loupe on eBay for less than 5 bucks to be able to see the trichomes.
Below is a link that may be useful:

Amber Trichomes and THC to CBD?
(let me know if this link doesn't work)

I hope this helps you. Good Luck! :peace:

I'm very similar however I run a 24 hour light cycle for a least the first 2/3 maybe even 4 weeks before switching to 18/6. I find I get a much lush fuller plant quicker. Now I'm sure this has some draw backs that I could figure out if I thought about it long enough

I've got these low hanging branches that I probably should have trimmed off but I didn't and now there more of a pain then anything
image16681.jpg

Day 34/55 really starting to notice deficiencies. This will probably be due to flower production and the simple fact that I use Miracle gro Ultra bloom that only has 15-30-15.
image16722.jpg
image16721.jpg
some of the leaves are becoming brittle in the middle. While others the tips are yellow, and some leaves are curling inward like a hot dog bun

Gday pigeons420

where at in Canada?? Toronto native here,currently residing south of the border

plants look good,yes that MG bloom is not doing any favors,a pretty simple formula is 321 in veg and 123 for flower, with the bloom nutrients you have it currently is 121

if the 24hr is working,then keep at it,but its been proven they need sleep,there was a few guys here that ran timelaps cameras,pretty cool to watch them grow and move in the dark cycle,as for me i do it cheap and run them on a 16/8 schedule

Back
Top Bottom