Hi everyone, help needed!

tcvsvfmc

Hi everyone. I just found this forum and must say the community seems very organised and willing to help each other. I'm speaking from Brazil.

I need help convincing my wife to smoke with me or either to let me smoke.

Here's background: I'm 26, she's 31. We married about 1 year and a half ago, I didn't smoke back then and was always uptight. I have always drank socially, she knows that and has no restrictions towards that.

I began smoking about 1 year ago. Kept it a secret for about 6 months, but then decided to tell her because I couldn't bear to lie anymore. Smoking was losing its charm because I always felt I was doing something wrong.

So I told her. All of it. She took it badly and we nearly divorced, it was a matter of choosing the greens vs my wife. Back then, I thought: "I'll have my entire life to pick up smoking again, but I won't get a second chance with her if we split". I remain married, haven't smoked ever since, but deeply desire to.

However, what's been getting on my nerves is her inflexibility back then. Her inability to consider my experience and the judgmental view on it, regardless of whatever I'd say. I've tried every now and then to get back on the subject, but she get as resentful as a woman can be (that's a lot), and her mind remains shut on the subject.

I feel that if she smokes, then she'll be much more light-hearted and serene, more tolerant and flexible in all aspects of life. I really feel she needs that. But she won't bulge.

I need help getting around this. I would love to pick it up again, but doing so secretly breaks half the fun. I need her to see things from my perspective, but I can't see how to manage that unless she smokes.

She says it's a pitiful basis to build a family upon. That she won't raise an addicted adult, an irresponsible man, and so and so.

Any comment is welcome, thanks for hearing.

First welcome to the site!!

Why do YOU want to smoke? Is it medical? Social? Just like the feeling of being high?

Next ask your wife why she disproves of Cannabis, but finds alcohol acceptable. Alcohol is highly addictive and after addiction, withdrawals and detoxing can cause death. In fact, alcohol is one of the only drugs that you can die while detoxing from it. Cannabis has no addictive properties at all, and many medically proven positive effects on the human body.

Finding out why you want to smoke, and why your wife doesn't want you to will help build a solid foundation to begin discussions on.

Thanks for the reply. I found that smoking opens up doors, opportunities to learn and grow that our brains usually keep shut due to conditioning. I grew socially in a way I couldn't imagine. Simple things such as talking to friends while smoking made a positive change in me, I learned to interact, in a way, to express myself, it couldn't have happened any other way.

She doesn't want me to smoke because she thinks it's bad for my health. She thinks I'll get cancer, my sperm count will drop, we won't be able to have kids, I'll become addicted and ruin my life, taking hers along.

I feel as if I'm pushing her limits and she won't accept it. I honestly pushed my limits when I first smoked. It was great.

:welcome: tcvsvfmc to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,

:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

I feel your pain, this is a long hard battle I have had with mine as well but it hasn't always been terrible. Its been all about the positives. Its hard to change peoples prejudice but the alcohol argument is a no brainer. Good luck I don't have any great suggestions other than happy wife happy life, there are many paths to the holy land!

Back
Top Bottom