Hey guys wassup

KingTweezy

I'm totally new the the board. I found this board on my rampage to finally grow my own bud because of the bullcrap I'm tired of buying. It's really becoming a waste of money.

Hey Guys!

So I am brand new to the growing scene but my knowledge is sub par. I plan on growing indoors and don't own any supplies. (Cliché right). A walk through would be great for me being a newbie and work a full time job.

So far I've purchased 5 auto trans siberian feminized seeds. (Still waiting on them to be delivered.)
And I'm going to purchase 3-5 3 gallon pots to grow in.
Lights will be a problem for me as I don't know much about them. (I'm thinking 20 hours a day dealing with the autos but idk wattage)
As far as medium goes the only thing I know is I'm thinking about using ProMix Hp 2.2 for soil. (Nutrients I am at a total loss for.)

I hope I don't fall in the "worst growers ever" category but I've actually found a real liking to this and I haven't even received my seeds yet. I'm actually confident in myself. I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

So please guys. Help out where you can and any questions or anything I can do let me know.

AND HAPPY SMOKING!

:welcome: King Tweezy to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
If you intend to grow, I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!
Greenest Regards,
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Beateo

Welcome King Tweezy:)......you have many questions that need answered:)....that is not a problem here;)...You have come to the right place:)......there are a lot of factors for your grow and what you will need....ie...light size and type....do you want hps, led, or flourescents......me personally i would suggest LED as they have come a long way....you dont have to fight heat issues as bad as you would with hps......you get very sticky and tasty bud with LED.....i dont have any exp with hps growing but from listening to the many members that have made the switch from HPS to LED....and they are very happy:)....Flourescents are good for small grows....not as bad as HPS with heat.....but not nearly as good of useful light spectrum and penetration:).......The size of your grow space will be a factor as well:).......i dont know much about Pro mix....if it is organic then you want an organic line of nutes..........if you want you can check out my journal.....i am using DWC....deep water culture and Hempy's with perlite.....i have used organic soil as well......i run Advanced Led XTE 300's in my flower room which do a superb job and are a great price for a high end LED.......alright buddy.....like i said....if you have any questions....which you will:)lol.....then feel free to stop by.....there are literally a ton of great growers here with great advice:)

Greenest Regards
:green_heart:

:Namaste:
Green Dreamz

Well let me tell you bud, you've got two of the best players in the game already giving you solid advice.

This magazine is a great resource for growing your own cannabis. Head over to the "Grow Room" tab in the upper right corner and you will be set. I strongly believe the best decision you've made so far was turning to 420 Magazine. I certainly know it was the best choice I've ever made in terms of cultivating my own medicinal cannabis.

Dreamz is right, i believe LED is also the way to go. Great results, efficient, and minimal heat. However, LED's are pricy! Starting, at something worth your time, is roughly 300-400$. So I'm curious to know your budget?

I run an HPS. I love it. But I don't love the hydro bill every month or the excessive heat that they give off. Even in the winter heat is something you worry about.

CFL (compact flouresent lights) are a cheap alternative. Also great for the vegetative stage of the plant. For more info on them head over to SweetSue's journal and watch in udder amazement how she can grow delicious plants with CFL. (Check out her first journal)

SOIL

You can't go wrong with HP mix. I use the same stuff. I also run the Green Planet Series Nutrients. Not sure on your location but im sure you'll have something along the same lines.. The manufactures of the Nutes are also rather good at giving detailed instructions on how, when and the amount required.

Anyways friend, I think your off to a great start and I look forward to seeing where you take your grow to!!!

Stay medicated!

Thank you guys for responding. OK let's see...
As far as lights go I'm debating between hps or CFL. As for led would led bulbs be a good alternative or just use a panel? Not worried about electricity bill. Hehehe but my budget is slim. Getting everything little by little as my seeds are taking forever.
As far as soil and pot goes I'm going to use a 3 gallon pot I think that's a good size for a auto. I'm guessing Hp mix is the best for auto so I'll go with that. Nutrients I'm at a lost for what kind to get. Don't know anything about it....yet.
Oh!...water... I may need to invest in a meter as I am at a lost for that as well.
My grow room will be about double the size of a apartment walk in closet.

Thank you guys for responding. OK let's see...
As far as lights go I'm debating between hps or CFL. As for led would led bulbs be a good alternative or just use a panel? Not worried about electricity bill. Hehehe but my budget is slim. Getting everything little by little as my seeds are taking forever.
As far as soil and pot goes I'm going to use a 3 gallon pot I think that's a good size for a auto. I'm guessing Hp mix is the best for auto so I'll go with that. Nutrients I'm at a lost for what kind to get. Don't know anything about it....yet.
Oh!...water... I may need to invest in a meter as I am at a lost for that as well.
My grow room will be about double the size of a apartment walk in closet.

Hps would be better than CFL, but led panel over both of them. The hps will put off a lot of heat, and to buy that many CFL bulbs would cost the same as a decent led panel. Topled is a sponsor here and their lights are priced right for the budget minded grower. If you're on a real budget, check out my grow, cause i do pretty good with what most consider the bare minimum. Well, my lights are better now, but not much else changed in my grows. I grow in 3 gallon hempy buckets filled with 100% perlite, use gh nutes and calimagic, and added mykos and koolbloom to this grow. Hempy style growing is one of the simplest ways to start growing.

I've read multiple things on these led lights. I'm kinda stuck. I'm seeing that you may need at least 450w to have good results. Then I've read you only need a few watts per Sq feet. So I'm scratching my head here.
I'm also really thinking about purchasing a grow tent. that may be my best bet Being as tho I'm not home that often to build a whole grow room. Sound good?

My mars II 400 has an actual draw power of 180 watts, and i pulled 2 ounce plants a lot, and a 4 ounce plant once under it. A lot of it depends on training. A tent would be great, cause they're easier to light proof than a closet.

King tweezy. I'll guide you from start to finish. Hit me up on one of my journals or threads and I'll walk you through

Welcome to 420. I'm available 24/7

Gotcha! Nice! Now can this scrog thing be purchased or it has to be built?

Thank you so much Dutty Panty. I don't want to start a journal yet because I don't have anything yet. Once my seeds come in and I do a small amount of shopping this weekend I'll see where I'm at.
My plan is to buy 3-3 gallon pots and the ProMix Hp 2.2 soil First. Please let me know if anything is better than that for autos and I'll look into pricing.
Lights is still in the air I want led lights looking for bargains ...but I'm leaning on hps. I was confident coming into this. Now that I'm learning I'm becoming nervous lol. That's backwards.

Confusion is a common place to start. It's not a bad one. Because it means you're asking questions. HPS is solid but it will require some sort of cooling system to go with it. I paid about 170$ for my 400w HPS and it's going to cost me another roughly 100$ to get it cooled. So it's about 300$ for a smooth working HPS system. And for that kind of money I suggest running an LED. Mars Hydro has plenty of options but as do all the sponsors here.

Listen to Dutty though, he won't steer you wrong. He's a good man with a lot of knowledge above those shoulders. His journal is a plethora of information, usable information!!

Yeah in smaller applications led may be the best choice. I'm not a fan but in limited applications there the best option.

I run 14 six hundred watt hps so I invested 7000 in hvac. So it's depending on size of your grow environment

I'm a huge bottle nute fan
Hps fan in bloom
T5 in veg.

There are other options like Los and such but this is my best tested tried and true results. I use a lab weekly.

Look around see what works for you. I'll still help in Anyway I can or point you to a source. I'm a soil guy as well.

I'm so glad to have a soil guy too! LOL
So the ProMix is go? I also need to know which nutrients to get in combination to that soil. (I think you guys call it nutes?) I've found a scrog net on ebay for about 10 bucks. It's only the net so I'll definitely have some fun trying to set that up lol.
I do ask.... no abbreviations please. Explain what you're saying to me as I'm reading and having to search to figure out what you guys are even saying lol.

There's living organic soil people here look that up.

I recommend house and garden nutrients or doc buds high brix kit. Both are used in my application

Ok with that high brix I see a Part A, Part B, and MFP. Which one would I use?

Shopping list so far:
Still waiting on seeds to arrive
3 - 3 gallon pots
1 bag of ProMix soil (Will I need two?)
1 scrog net
1 bottle of hi brix
1 grow tent
I'm still looking around on my lights, flipping from hps and led.
I know I may need to invest in a pH meter.
I'm wrecking my mind as to what else I may need.

Back
Top Bottom