Great to be here

RedFarang

Dear fellow gardeners,

Little did I know it would take 21 years from the first time I took a hit from a reefer until doing my own grow. I emphasize own - it is for personal consumption only. I am situated in tropical climate in Southeast Asia.

The seeds are simply bag seeds which I successfully germinated using the wet tissue-method.

The seedlings are about seven days old.

One question: I think I will be able to sex the plants, but can I still smoke them if they both are male? As they came with weed containing seeds, I presume they are from male plants already. That weed was fine to smoke: I don't need super-duper high THC content.

Oh, and gardening is a true joy!

re: Great to be here

พรั่งเเดง -welcome! Subbed and looking forward to your grow.

Male plants don't produce bud.
However, some plants are hermaphrodite and have both male and female characteristics. So they will grow buds but the buds will be pollinated by the male flowers on the same plant, and produce a lot of seeds.

Or -female plants can be pollinated by male plants and grow a lot of seeds.

There is no such thing as male bud.
They are very low on thc so not worth smoking although I have heard of people turning them into juice.
Check out this resource, it's full of great info.
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Weaselcracker,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply !

There seems to be a lot of online confusion about the male cannabis plant: Thank you for explaining it clearly. I can only cross my fingers and hope they are female or hermaphrodite. Btw - is there some way to identify a hermaphrodite in the same way that you sex male and female? Will it have both Pistallate Primordia and Staminate Primordia?

Yes it will. Exactly. There is another hermaphrodite phenomenon known as 'nanners' which are a type of flower put out by the female plants when they're under stress, and these produce pollen as well and lead to seeds, but occur later during flowering. The true hermaphridites will show themselves before much flowering takes place. Generally the hermaphrodites are thrown out as are the males, before they can pollinate any of the females. It's the unpollinated females that grow the best bud, known as sinsemilla (meaning- seedless). However, some people save hermaphrodites, commonly called hermies, because they don't have anything else better. But generally they are avoided/killed. Some sativas are very prone to being hermie. I'm guessing yours is sativa but that doesn't mean at all that they will be hermies. I am growing some Thai sativa at the moment actually...

Oh, before the mods to get to you, which they will....They will tell you that you should start a journal because this is the introduction area and the wrong spot for our particular chitchat. If you look at the very bottom left corner of the post next to where it says- blog this post- to the right of that there is a triangle with a ! in it. Hit that and you can send a report to the moderators. Just tell them in the report that you want to move this to start a journal with it. I think that's the best way. If that's what you want to do I mean. I hope so because I'm interested in seeing it.

Oh yeah, and I see you double posted this thread, so you could also hit the same ! button on the other thread with the same name as this one and report it and ask them to delete it, before people start replying to you on that duplicate thread, and things really confusing.

My apologies. I will send a report from that other post. If you want you can follow the grow from there. I will keep you updated. Thanks a lot for your interest and kind help, Weaselcracker!

Back
Top Bottom