New Grower - Fascinating! (Need a tip)

Boricuaman

Recently retired and fascinated how beautiful this plant is. I love how it grows and changes every day, the shades of green, and the horticulture behind it that everyone seems to know so well. I was drawn here thru a search and got to a post started by "The Capn" called How to: 10oz perpetual plant indoors. I was inspired! I am going to do an ebb and flow, 3 plants in a tray and one (separate strain) in a bucket like Capn did. I was confused about the outer bucket that he used. It was your typical spackle sized bucket that had a lid with a raised rim in the middle to hold the plant bucket. I will do a DIY but I only have a lid that came with my laundry bucket. Any ideas? Calling the Capn! Anyway, glad to be part of the community and good luck to and God bless everybody. I hope to help as I get better at it.

Re: New Grower.....Fascinating!!! (Need a tip)

Welcome to :420:

You're right about how beautiful our favorite plants can be, I feel the same about them. Right now I am growing in a Deep Water Culture (DWC) and was intrigued by ebb and flow too. Sorry I can't offer any help with your chosen interest but one day I may also try it.

:cheer:

Thanks Light Addict. Speaking of light, I have 4 sprouts coming up out of 1.5" stone wool mini blocks. They just popped up and I' getting mixed signals on the amount of light they should receive. The 3 from AMS strain seem to be stretching but I think it may be too early to determine that.

Thanks LA. Glad to know I'm on the right track. I have 2 200w cfls on a siamese also a 90w LED grow light(Size of a small spotlight):thumb:. The cotyledons are wide and the jagged leaves have appeared. I ran a fan on low @ them til they barely moved to strengthen them. the small grow blocks are still very damp.

Good luck with your DWC. I'll try to let you know how ebb & Flow works for me:high-five: Can we be friends on this site?

100_09896.JPG
I forgot to mention a coconut palm is my favorite tree. Probably because I like being where they are.

been growin for 30 years,the flood and drain is a great choice for hydro,you can buy everything you need at home depot to build a great and cheap system,if you need help just let me know

Thanks for the help. I did get my reservoir from HD ,a 27 gal. yellow & black plastic bin and I got the large plastic concrete mixing tray there too. The rest was from the hydro store. The 4th plant will be a separate (planter in a bucket fed by a different res.

Back
Top Bottom