Thanks 420 for shattering my dreams of a simple grow!

Six9

Funny I remember being so excited about my first plant at 15. Armed with nothing more than a handful of homegrown seeds, potting soil and a planter snagged from granny, I grew my first plant on a balcony in Michigan that summer. My mom discovered it but left it alone. My buddies and I picked the biggest, greenest leaves, dried them in a microwave and smoked away. Wow was it bad, and no buzz!

Fast forward to mid my 40's. Two weeks ago, I knew little more than I did back then, but I had it in my mind I was going to grow my own. I was tired of relying on the unreliable, tired of paying for pinched bags. Without any research I ordered my White Widow seeds. Next would be a planter and some Miracle Grow potting soil. I was going to be in charge of my own destiny!!

Damn you
:420:

You shattered my dreams of an easy grow! What is this mess?!? Special lights? Cycles? Ventilation? pH? Odor? Cloning? Sex? What the hell kind of weed is this? The thing will live a better life than me!

Okay so here I am, better researched, breathing slower, purchasing, planning, and turning this into a carefully planned project. I have to admit I almost said screw it, but I don't give up easily. Never in a million years though did I think there was so much to producing quality bud.

Tomorrow I'm converting a closet, running a 6" duct fan, ductwork, mylar lining, installing lights, ballast, and fan later this week. Step by step.. can't hurry this. For now, my seeds are sealed in a dark, dry, cool place.

I laugh at myself and hope you can too; but I sincerely thank those who have contributed so much! :thumb:

Dave

Hi Dave! Nice to see you in this neck of the woods.

I couldn't help but laugh while I read your post. I can only relate to everything you've discussed.

I came here last year thinking I could help others and give advice to assist people. Haha :rofl: I couldn't have been farther from reality. Instead I started learning all these new terms, mechanisms, gauges, cycles.... Right quick I realized that I was in no position to help anyone and instead I needed to sit back and start taking it in. And here I am. Still taking it in.

As I can tell you've also done your homework and have learned a lot already if you can list all those terms you listed above. Good on you! So many people can't be bothered to learn a little something and produce quality medication. you're my kinda guy!

Look forward to seeing you around. Take care

Yep. Start a journal and you'll have a spot people can find you in and give you a hand if need be. And welcome!:thumb:
I've never had a simple grow yet. Most of the time it feels complicated as hell, and like I'm the one who must be simple. This summer I think I'll try- one autoflower in my garden or greenhouse. What could possibly go wrong? It will be so easy and fun and I'll revel in the simplicity!! (Knock on wood/ famous last words,etc)

Hi Dave! Nice to see you in this neck of the woods.

..As I can tell you've also done your homework and have learned a lot already if you can list all those terms you listed above. Good on you! So many people can't be bothered to learn a little something and produce quality medication...

Thanks! I've spent several hours on this site and others. I have Ed Rosenthal's book due in today. I plan to have room completed this week, dropping seeds in water next week. Found what looks to be a great local hydro shop with reasonable pricing, plan to visit them this weekend. I think I've chosen a medium, saw this video on 1:1 Sunshine Mix #4 and Perlite. Think I'll go with Foxfarm's trio on nutes, and am researching water and pH this week. I was going to ignore pH completely, but I'm reading it's pretty darn important. This will be my first time caring for plants. I'm nervous but excited, plan to share some pics of room and steps along the way.

And yes, medical! My late 20's and 30's were full of anxiety and anger. May not sound serious, but when it hinders and destroys relationships, it's serious. Not a fan of prescription drugs. I tried my old high school friend which works wonders for me. I'm happier, at peace, and loving life again. Now to balance it all, professional life and this. So nice to see a thriving culture with growing support. Thanks!

salutations Dave. Yes it´s true, with today´s knowledge and technology, the plants live a pampered high profile lifestyle rivaling that of rich and famous humans, but then they die and we smoke them. I guess we should expect nothing less when the allegedly " best countries to live in " throw you down in the slammer and wreck your criminal history record for a tiny cigarette of marijuana. Even some countries pass down the death sentence on would-be traffickers. Welcome to the new world order! :goof: Some day the plant will be able to thrive outside like any other.

This seems to be a growers site more than anything. I had hoped to find more varied subjects, but everyone's a grower ~ Even you, Dave. Hope your plants turn out great, tho ~ Best of luck!

Thane

Thanks for the greetings folks! I meant to respond sooner but have been busy with normal life, and with my new project. I said it once and I'll say it again, never in a millions years. I'm still working on my closet, but expect to drop seeds this weekend.

So I hate mylar, and mylar hates me. Giant, crinkly, shiny roll of wrapping paper, like I'm good at wrapping paper. Great ventilation system installed, freakin mylar lined floor to celing, seedling lighting designed, 600w MH/HPS kit in transit, and bags of shit in other closets. I'm stoked. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_20150520_222528.JPG

I actually just finished Ed's book and I must say, I really enjoyed it. A ton of great information for the beginning gardener. I am just a researcher right now, but it looks like you have made a dent in the old to-do list. Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom