I'm ready and committed

golfer420

Finally taking the plunge and committed to getting a plant to completion. I have several options for some small growing areas for 1 - 3 plants indoors. I've tinkered doing this over the years but never got to a completed grow. I recently purchased 10 northern light autoflowering seeds. I germinated the first two and they're struggling. I'm waiting on a thermostat, RH, PH meters to ensure the environment is right. I'm using 4 100w(23w) CFL. Two are 5000 and two are 2500. I've had the 2500 hovering as close to the plants as possible. I'm using potting soil with some perlite at the bottom. I will create a thread and post the pics I took today. One is spindly and looks to have trouble standing. The other has grown very slowly and not very tall (1/2"). No nutes yet. I do have a fan on them. These 2 may not be around long but I want to learn from my mistakes and when I have the right monitoring tools, I will germinate two more of the seeds.

I live in NJ and spend most of the nice weather playing golf and in the winter I hike and take photos. I am looking forward to learning more about this.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

:welcome: This an excellent site for learning and sharing. If you start a grow journal and post pics you will certainly find the responses knowledgeable and thorough as too your current issues and I am sure we will learn along the way.

Never could figure out how cook those Golf's eggs. No matter what they are just as tough as can be.

Golfer! Welcome aboard my friend!! You've come to the right place.

Just to dive into your information here. I think the reason your plants are maybe a bit small and lanky are because of the CFLs. You should probably get a few more of them. And surround your plant with them. All over the sides not just the top.

CFLs are great for the veg cycle of the plant but aren't strong enough to produce big dense flowers. Maybe consider upgrading to an HPS or LED system. However, if CFL is something your interested in and what fits your budget, consider getting a bit of both the blue and red spectrum and use them the whole time.

Of course, let's see some pictures of your girls!! That's the best way we can help you out. With lots of pictures and information.

So, let's recap. 1) add a few more CFLs to your collection
2) make sure you cover the entire plant with light. Not just the top of the plant
3) try and get red and blue spectrum CFL also known as warm and cool light.

Hope that he'll friend. We look forward to seeing you do your thing!!

Back
Top Bottom