Oregon Newbie

Lilarose1941

Hi, I need to learn how to use this forum and find things, but I wanted to start out with an introduction.

As I am sure every member knows, Oregon's new Marijuana law goes into effect July 1, 2015, just a few weeks from now. I know this date is not when shops will open to buy product etc, but I will be able to use marijuana and I think grow some with limits.

My history using marijuana is short. I tried it in the early 1970's twice, first experience was not great, second was OK. Then I went five years to college and never used it or anything else except beer and wine coolers.

I have a number of medical issues and hope that use of marijuana might help me with pain, in particular.

I would like to start with tea (I quit smoking in 1981 and will not start again). I have seen a number of tea recipes online, some look a bit complicated. Can someone get me started with a really simple tea recipe that will give me some idea what will happen when I drink it? I would need to know how much of my leaves to use to start with. Then what....?

Thanks so much, I think this is going to be my go-to website.

I have no clue what butter with cannabis is or what I would do with it. Same for the coconut oil, which I have used to make soaps and lotions.

I need to start simple!

I have no clue what butter with cannabis is or what I would do with it. Same for the coconut oil, which I have used to make soaps and lotions.

I need to start simple!

If you don't want to smoke, your next option is edibles. Butter is the base ingredient for most of your edibles (cookies, brownies caramels etc.) Coconut oil, can be used topically on strains sprains sore muscles even headaches if you rub it on the back of your neck. You can also ingest it (put a spoonful in coffee or tea.) The glycerin tincture you can put under your tongue or in a beverage of your choice.

All good ways if you are not interested in smoking. You can also use a vaporizer which is much easier on the lungs then smoking. :peace:

Thanks for the ideas!

I would love to smoke, but I have asthma probably from smoking too much in my younger years. The vaporizer sounds like a good idea.

I will study the butter and see if I can learn how to make it.

Hi Blue Lagoon

I sure have a lot to learn! Just a few more weeks for us, eh?

Keep in touch, we may need to help each other!

Dang! I had heard may Jan 2016. Why the delay? Could it be a lot of cities/towns are not wanting these dispensaries? Here in Bandon our antique city council is making things difficult. We have a new liquor store here, and I asked the clerk if the store would be selling and she said they are talking about it. I mentioned that if they don't, people will drive 30 mi to Coos Bay and buy there, plus probably buy their alcohol in Coos Bay at the same time. I find this website very difficult to navigate, so I will probably just stay on this thread.

Hi Blue Lagoon Farmer

Today is July 1, 2015 and the first day to be legal in Oregon for growing and possessing and using marijuana. I am not sure what the law is on how many etc. I want to grow one plant as a house plant (not to use it) as I had one in the 1970's and it was so pretty. A friend just gave me about 16 gr marijuana grown here in SW Oregon. I was going to make the tea out of it. I am wondering if this bag might have some seeds in it that I can plant? Elsewise, how do we acquire seeds? I just want to grow one plant for fun and see how big it gets.

Hi Blue Lagoon Farmer

Today is July 1, 2015 and the first day to be legal in Oregon for growing and possessing and using marijuana. I am not sure what the law is on how many etc. I want to grow one plant as a house plant (not to use it) as I had one in the 1970's and it was so pretty. A friend just gave me about 16 gr marijuana grown here in SW Oregon. I was going to make the tea out of it. I am wondering if this bag might have some seeds in it that I can plant? Elsewise, how do we acquire seeds? I just want to grow one plant for fun and see how big it gets.

You can look to one of the sponsors like Herbies or Nirvana or you can ask your friend if they have any seeds. If it for a house plant you don't care if it is male or female so you don't have to get feminized seeds. :peace:

oh btw the laws are (you can carry up to 1oz on your person, 8oz for storage (including whats on person) 4 plants per house hold, and you cant smoke in public.

Thanks, at this point I have very little and don't know where to get more! I just want a few seeds. I will have to be patient with Oregon legislature, looks like it will be quite awhile before shops will be open.

I cheated and started early... lol. I started growing i want to say the last week in may. Going into the 4-5 week flower looking good here is some picture from last week.
IMG_67698.jpg
IMG_67676.jpg
IMG_65426.jpg

Thanks, at this point I have very little and don't know where to get more! I just want a few seeds. I will have to be patient with Oregon legislature, looks like it will be quite awhile before shops will be open.

! Buy Cannabis Seeds - Worldwide Delivery - Herbies Marijuana Seeds
i recommend this site heard tons of great stuff about them. you can buy single seeds up to over 1000 seeds here and the prices are good too and you get free seeds with every order

Back
Top Bottom