Hello everyone!

sexymanwilly

420 Member
Hello! First time grower here, just finished up on a lot of reading material to get started. Was looking to do indoor growing in a grow tent.
This is what I'm looking into buying, let me know what you think:

Grow tent:
81cnS8mcqML_SL1500_1.jpg

Inline fan:
51iLKnD48fL.jpg

Carbon filter:
51iPp2ZT0fL2.jpg

Fan controller:
511typfy_YL.jpg

Fan for airflow:
81lwhZKLSnL_SL1500_.jpg

The only thing I'm stuck on is the lighting. I'm still debating on hid, hps or led lighting.
Any ideas?

HPS is part of the hid family. The big question here is, are you going to run multiple shorter plants or a couple larger plants? Do you have a decent budget left? Is heat an issue where you are?

For some reason my phone hates me send added hps in.
I plan on running 3 or 4 plants at a time, I still have some budget left. I'm in Washington right now and the temperature changes a bit here.

I'm thinking since you have cooler temps in washington for the most part, and a fan controler, and a small number of mid to large sized plants go with a 600 HID, flipable if you want, or one 600 MH and one 600 HPS if you can spring for it. Should be more than enough light for 4 mid to large sized plants in that space.
Lookin forward to see a grow log. Got your seeds picked out yet or you gonna pick em up in a shop?

I'm thinking since you have cooler temps in washington for the most part, and a fan controler, and a small number of mid to large sized plants go with a 600 HID, flipable if you want, or one 600 MH and one 600 HPS if you can spring for it. Should be more than enough light for 4 mid to large sized plants in that space.
Lookin forward to see a grow log. Got your seeds picked out yet or you gonna pick em up in a shop?

Awesome thanks for your help!
I have had quite a bit of seeds for awhile now. Been keeping them stored well. I have some nirvana, white widow, kourtney love( from redeye gen), and a few others

For the light were you talking about something like this:
81UTH9zpUcL_SL1200_.jpg

I have been debating for awhile on the led vs hid. I might do led after awhile of doing hid

I went from CFLs to LEDs. I have not used HID so I can't fairly compare them. All I can tell you is I am very happy with my LEDs. Check out my journals and you can see the growth I get. You may also be able to find some of the old style Mars 300w on ebay cheap. I saw them a week or so ago for $79. :peace:

I went from CFLs to LEDs. I have not used HID so I can't fairly compare them. All I can tell you is I am very happy with my LEDs. Check out my journals and you can see the growth I get. You may also be able to find some of the old style Mars 300w on ebay cheap. I saw them a week or so ago for $79. :peace:

They do look really nice!
If I did go with a mars 2 would you recommended 2 300w, 2 400w or 1 600w?

They do look really nice!
If I did go with a mars 2 would you recommended 2 300w, 2 400w or 1 600w?

It really depends. What is the size of your grow area. If a small square, then the Mars 2 work great. If you have a rectangular area, you may want to go with the Reflector series. Also, what are the finances like. Save a buck with the old style.

The trick is to get the correct number of watts per sqft. Most LEDs are 1/2 the watts at the wall for what they are rated. For example, My Mars 900 (in a 10 sqft grow tent) draws 450w from the wall. That means I am getting 45 w/sqft. For best results, you want to be between 35-50 true watts / sqft. So my 900 gives me 45 w/sqft. My veg tent uses 2 400 @ 180w each so for the same size tent, I am running about 36w/sqft veg.

I hope this helps. :peace:

It really depends. What is the size of your grow area. If a small square, then the Mars 2 work great. If you have a rectangular area, you may want to go with the Reflector series. Also, what are the finances like. Save a buck with the old style.

The trick is to get the correct number of watts per sqft. Most LEDs are 1/2 the watts at the wall for what they are rated. For example, My Mars 900 (in a 10 sqft grow tent) draws 450w from the wall. That means I am getting 45 w/sqft. For best results, you want to be between 35-50 true watts / sqft. So my 900 gives me 45 w/sqft. My veg tent uses 2 400 @ 180w each so for the same size tent, I am running about 36w/sqft veg.

I hope this helps. :peace:

The tent is 4x4x6.8
So I have 16 sq ft in the tent

Sweet thanks! Looking at them on the website, I may go with the 1200w, as it covers 4.6x4.6

The advantage of going with several lights is you can adjust them individually. I work from the bottom up. I raise my plants closer to the light by raising them from underneath with tiles. This way I can keep my canopy even. Raise the smaller plants up (or lower the lights down with multiple lights.) :peace:

Back
Top Bottom