No Experience - New Grower Needs Advice on Current Grow

MegaMan420

Hello, I'm new to all of this so ANY advice from knowlegeable growers would most likely benefit me greatly.
I am low on money so I cut some corners with a few things, I've been reading so books and watching tons of videos and feel that I've picked up some knowledge on a few things but I'll be the first to admit I haven't a clue as to what I'm doing.
Ok, the setup; I'm running 2 plants, 1) 1 month old, and 1) 2 week old, both started from seed.

400w Metal halide (42,000 Lumens), reflective hood w/glass window. Switching to 400w Hortilux Super HPS for flowering.

I put a little desk fan just big enough in the hood, sucking hot air out of the hood (should I flip it around blowing cooler air ON the light?).

I have a medium sized fan on low just breezing over the two plants, just enough to have them dance slightly.

Underneath the table, I have a water reservoir that I've hooked up to a pump w/airstone, to keep the water Oxygenated. (I JUST set this thing up 20 minutes ago so I have no clue where to go from there, do I add my plant food to that reservoir?

image176.jpeg

image_151.jpeg

image_248.jpeg

image_620.jpeg

image_435.jpeg

image_525.jpeg

image_715.jpeg

image_337.jpeg

The larger plant has been in that pot since I planted it, just about a week ago I transplanted the smaller plant from a cup to this pot. I was gonna transplant the larger plant to a pot the same size as the smaller plants pot, which is also a bottom-watering pot. I bought some miracle grow feed which has some N,P,K in there, everyone recommends a good balance of those nutrients, do I dilude that into my water reservoir? Thanks!

hiya and welcome
i am not an expert by far but at least i bump your post so that the elders may see
my first impression is they seem a tad small for their age,well the month old one moreso
what are the temps under that light?
what are you growing in? looks like some heavy stuff, did you use it straight from a bag?
miracle grow will work but its not anyone's fav,
it needs to be halved in my opinion, i mean if they say use 15 drops per quart(liter)
i would use 6 or 7, you can always add a bit each time if you want to step it up
i have used the bottom feed technique a few times to entice root growth(not sure if it worked but it seemed logical)
and always treated the water the same as if i were gonna soak the soil from the top, meaning ph and nutes
they did not die and seemed to take it well
if you were to start a journal you could get more help from better than me, something to think about
anyway sorry i am not more help. i will check back
take care and good luck

edit: i will never ever make fun of someone who uses 'there' in place of 'their' again doh! almost got me

Hey, thanks for replying, and no apologies any advice helps.
I ran my oldest plant from germination, right into a pot filled with Scott's and seemed to take off, I had them under CFL's for the beginning before switching to the metal halide.
My smaller plant is in miracle grow soil, and yesterday I transplanted my older plant, into a slightly larger pot with Foxfarm soil, the Ocean kind?
I live in Colorado, you can legally grow two plants, I told the guy at the grow store what I was doing, and hes been an awesome go to guy for this stuff, helping me get the right nutrients for flowering (Cyco bloom a & b) and helping me cut corners, while being totally honest in what he believes would and wouldnt work for me.
Also My bigger plant is in a bottom feed jug now, top watered it yesterday with about a quarter of the miracle grow nutes recommended.
One more top water before switching to the bottom feed.
This morning I bottom fed my smaller one for the first time with 1/4 nutes as well, (already mixed in my reservoir from yesterday) and it sucked 1 liter right up, the bottom tray still has a little water but it is VERY little.
Once again thanks for replying, good luck to you.

Oh yea, I have a fan on my light, a desk fan on my plants, and an exercise fan blowing air out of the closet, keeping it aroun 75-80 degrees.

temps seem good, fox farms is good, miracle is sorta the most taboo fert you can use for cannabis (as it tends to make bud taste like matches) but i have used it with great results. but on a more serious note i would strongly recommend getting a grow tent or using a spare closet as the set up you have is a sever potential fire hazard. grow safely

What would cause the fire? Im not doubting in any way, I would just really upset a lot of people if there were to be a fire. Would greatly appreciate the advice, thanks!

yea theres a trash bag held up by little magnets to eliminate light at night from getting to the plants. that part of the hood doesnt get even warm really. I really only worry about how hot the center of the glass gets that covers the bulb. thanks for the advice though. I dont have money for a growtent I know they can get pretty pricey

Back
Top Bottom