Bong Cough

Twitch420

Hey 420 culture peeps.
I have a concern to address.
When ever i hit a bong i cough. Now i dont mean like the normal cough people get from bong hits
Even if i smoke a blunt. There is this massive tickle in the same spot
In my throat almost like there is suming there
Now id like to know how can i hit a proper bong
And not cough all my mates hit it one time i cough or choke threw half the bowl
And it's embarrassing lol its making me not wanna smoke anymore. Please help

Hi twitch! Fancy seeing you around here.

Welcome l 420!!

The bong is my tool of choice. And I know a few folks that cough up a lung when they hit it. I can't say I know why, exactly. But I can offer some assistance in terms of how I hit the bong.

1) I like clean bongs. Dirty bongs have a shitty taste and can lead to a stale hoot. Which will kill anyone's lungs, I don't care who you are.
2) pack a bowl that's the right size for you. There's no need in packing bowl that's WAY TO BIG. Because cannabis etiquette suggests that you have to finish the whole thing before you pass it on.
3) when taking your hit, don't lock your mouth around the whole bong. Leave a little bit of space for air to come into your lungs along with the hit. I kind of use my lips as a shotgun to pull my hoot through the bong a little smoother.
4) and lastly try not to cough until the hoot is completely blown out of your lungs. It's a lot easier on your throat and lungs if you take smaller hoots and blow them out before you cough. You'll still cough a bit but you won't have that dying hacking sound when you cough.

Hope that helps friend! I look forward to seeing you around!

Hey man thanks for the help. When u say try not to cough lol thats my issue
One second ill be pulling then next ill just choke like i feel it tickle try push past it but most of the time i dnt feel a thing till its to late

Not self grown no

I was asking because last Summer when we smoked our first self grown cannabis, the most astonishing thing for both my husband and I was the fact that we just did not cough at all. We have since grown and smoked 8 more harvests and still not a cough or splutter no matter how hard we drag on the joint or vape. We both assumed over many decades of smoking cannabis that it was a characteristic of the plant that made us cough and splutter.....it turns out it was the crap in commercially grown cannabis that our lungs did not care for. The 'crap' can be anything from pesticides, mouldy bud that's been washed with God knows what so they can still sell it,to a scary range of nutes that commercial growers can't be bothered to cleanse out of the substrate before they harvest and dry.

If you have the possibility of growing yours, ( and can do it safely without jeopardising anything in your life) I think you should give it a go and see whether your lungs like it better.

When we ran out of smoke 2 months ago, while I was in London for some days, I smoked some commercial gear with my brother in law, it was utterly disgusting and the coughing was there all the way. I will never be able to smoke 'strange' again knowing all I do now.

just thought I'd share our experience with you......

Hey man thanks for the help. When u say try not to cough lol thats my issue
One second ill be pulling then next ill just choke like i feel it tickle try push past it but most of the time i dnt feel a thing till its to late

I definitely agree with Babble. The best smoke is the home grown smoke.

Perhaps your hauls are too big. Start small very small. Inhale for half a second and then pull the bowl. I'm assume that this is a water bong? Because adding water and/or ice certain helps the smoothness

Im using a No2 vapir now. Still tryna figure out the correct setting
Coz to me if i dont see smoke or vapor entering the mouth tube or wen i exhale
Then i dont see how i can get stoned but wen i set it high n see pavor i get a bit high
But still enjoy bings here n there.
Just hating cough so bad it makes me puke some times

Back
Top Bottom