First grow and intro

pomass

howdy fellow farmers.
It's my first grow since I was a teenager. I've used off and on for a very long time. But I'm looking into it much more seriously these days as they start to consider certain autistic behaviors treatable with with M.M. My son is affected with some bad ass meltdowns. We have them under control at the moment. But I'm sure that Medical weed has something to offer him. Anyway, I intend to study as much as I can about every aspect of these miracle plants in the hopes of one day growing my families medicine
I've been spending some time watching and taking notes from the "emerald Cup" videos on Youtube. They are quite interesting. My first grow as been going really well. I'm doing all kinds of stuff this summer as I viewed it as kind of an experiment. But now that I'm looking at some really nice 4week flowers I'm not wanting to go wrong. I haven't needed to add much fert as I amended the soil with my compost I made over the last year. I'm growing 2 plants from unknown seeds that I found in my bought stash as I didn't want to screw up any of the expensive seeds I may order. I built a little green house over them.
Issues have been the heat, high 90's some days and humid big time, scares me but so far hasn't bothered the plants. But what I thought was heat stress on the lower leaves turned out to be spider mites. I'm on it though. I really like the idea of doing as much prep as possible before starting the seeds. I'm impressed with using compost. They have been almost effortless until now. But now is also when things start to get really interesting.
Today I'm going to buy myself a pocket microscope, it's a little early I know but I want to see that frostiness up close and personal. And the best thing about using a greenhouse for me has been controlling the amount of water and when they get it. I've been keeping them a tad on the dry side. And I sure needed protection from crazy storms and downpour rains we've been getting. It's been a wet summer in Southern Quebec. So by keeping them a tad drier I hoped to offset some of the humid-ness we've been having. I think they would suffocate with humidity and wet roots so I'm watering about every 5 to 7 days.
When I open up the greenhouse in the mornings I get a sweet aroma that smells like a coffee mocha. And it's not too tall for the amount of sun that it gets about 6-7 hours. So I figure it's indica dominant. I'm harvesting a bud a week now for curing so I can get more familiar with when I should harvest for my own needs as I like the energetic clear-minded high. My husband likes the pain relief high so I'm thinking that he would like the harvest more at the end But I'm having him try the different stages to be sure. Eventually I hope I'll have a weed stash to meet the various needs for my family and friends.
During my search for answers this site has come up time and time again so I decided that this is the community I would join. Look forward to getting to know you all. Thanks for reading my post :)

Welcome to 420 Pomass!!

You've come to an amazing place! The information here in second to none and I know you'll have no problem finding info related to your situation.

I commend you for taking the right step towards taking control of your medication. Growing cannabis was one of the smartest decisions I've made in my adult life.

It sounds like you've got things relatively under control. Heat and peats are all normal in a grow and as long as you're on top of it you'll be ok!

I look forward to seeing some pictures of your garden and your girls. Consider starting a journal (in my signature) and record your process. I used to use google to get information but now it's all 420 Magazine. If it's not here, it doesn't exist :rofl:

All the best to you and your family!

Back
Top Bottom