I want to be a part of something bigger than myself

DroopMaster

I am a new user here, I am glad to be here. I have always wanted to be apart of something bigger than myself. I joined the military and served five years. During my time in Service and much after I noticed my fellow service members who have PTSD have had positive calming effects when using medical Marijuana. I feel that if something helps an individual to the point it saves lives and improves a persons was of life why shouldn't I support it? The second reason is that our Government "USA" is always preaching "Political Correctness, to respect others beliefs, and their rights."

Yet they show themselves as great hypocrites when they ban something so trivial like Marijuana. What about freedom of Religion what about the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness then I realized all the laws that the US has passed within the last hundred years go against the real laws of the land.

When I saw that in 2013 over ten thousand people died due to prescription drug use but not one death caused by marijuana I asked myself what is really going on here?

To me these existing laws not only infringe on our First Amendment but are crazy, at times people would be sentenced to prison for five years for having and ounce of dead plant matter while an armed robber gets only three years. The punishments violates the 8th Amendment federal government is prohibited from imposing excessive bail, fines, or cruel, and unusual punishments, including torture.

Ask yourself should anyone who has dead plant they tend to consume (and is far less harmful than alcohol)
be imprisoned? I know when I was younger kids caught underage drinking only getting a ticket and having to go to court. So what is with the excessive punishment?

I want to support this movement not because of a plant but what it stands for, it stands for freedom over tyranny, against laws that violate our rights, and against closed minded people that are afraid of change so they punish anyone who thinks differently. "We are a Republic! And the People have Spoken!"

Back
Top Bottom