What can and can't you share and what can be traced?

Hektek86

Hi just registered here as I love cannabis and was looking for advice and stuff on a few things but I am wondering if what I post can be seen by people you wouldn't want seeing it leading to things you don't want happening.. would like to posy pics and stuff at some point but as I'm in the uk I don't wanna post anything I might regret.. thanks for any and all help. Peace.

:welcome: to :420:

Anyone can see anything you post here. Don't put it up if it is possible you will regret it.

I am assuming what your asking is .... If I post a picture here will the coppers be knocking at my door with a picture of my garden with a paddy wagon down on the street to haul me away. Well that depends, if you post a picture of your garden while holding a sign that gives your name, address and a signed confession saying, "Hello I live at 669 Baker Street in Rosebud, Montana and I grow illegal drugs and sell them to kindergarteners when I am not busy making Meth in my Meth lab in the basement." Yeah that may cause you some regrets.
If you post pictures of just your plants and your grow area, well that plant could be ANY plant on the planet, heck as far as the coppers know it could be a picture you downloaded off the internet. Just keep anything personal that can identify you from the other 7 billion people on this planet out of the picture. Things like your drivers license, bills to your home with the mailing address posted on them. family photos of you the wife and kids at your company picnic in front of the company banner, yes those kinds of photos or things inside of any photo you post would be bad choices.
Here is another way to look at it and I will use an American presidential candidate to prove my point. Donald Trump can claim he has BIG hands which he wants to imply means he has a big penis, but until he shows a picture of himself exposing his big penis like say, Anthony Weenier did, it is mer speculation and there is no evidence to Donald does or does not have a big penis. Donald could post hundreds of BIG penis pictures but so long as the only thing you saw was the penis itself, there is no physical proof that that penis is HIS penis, even if he claims that they are all his BIG penis.
Coppers or as I prefer to call the "Road Pirates" need proof that the pictures actually yours. Like if it had say a picture of your garden with a big family photo on the back wall of the garden. Now they have proof, but if it is just a plant inside a tent, who is to say you did not download that picture off the internet, then post it. That garden could belong to anyone of the 7 billion people on this planet.

Can the governments crack 420's firewalls and snoop if they wanted to? Well duh, they do all kinds of illegal activities much worse then that, so the answer is most likely yes, but they still have to be able to prove that the picture you posted is of YOUR belongings in order to get a warrant to search and seize so they can use it in court. Without something to go on, be it a family photo, mail in the picture, something to that effect, it is untraceable.

So in closing, keep personal info out of all your pictures and I mean ALL, While I may not be able to read the name and address on your mail sitting on your table next to your pot plant, trust me, the government will be able to. Just use common sense and you will be golden:love:

Welcome Hektek. I see OG has been by and left an essay. He's a wordy old fart but you can trust what he says. Use common sense and enjoy your stay. Stop by The Roost and smoke a bowl with Roscoe. :)

Yes I am a wordy old fart, that is true but let me warn you before you go hanging out with Roscoe, that would be Riflemans Dog. His farts can clear a football stadium on a windy day. Dude they stink and I mean stink bad, I would suggest a chair at the roost away from Roscoe unless your into that kind of thing and if you are, who am I to judge ;)

It appears that you can see what s posted , but unless you completed your profile with your 'real' name, how will anyone ( other than the 420 administrators ) know it's you. ? I'm hoping that's the case!

I'm sure that if any of us were deemed worth finding, in the view of high level law enforcement, we would be tracked and found without much difficulty (on their part anyway, lol). The presumption, and reality, is that we are a lot of small grows, mainly for personal use and to share and trade with friends. Some legal, some 'semi-legal', and plenty of worried folks growing under oppressive laws, ie- illegal. If there are large commercial growers here with links to organized crime- they aren't journalling. None of us are worth tracking- though I'm sure it's wise to avoid being the lowest hanging fruit on this wonderful cannabis tree.

EDIT- I should say- this is just my assumption, or working theory. I don't have any insight on law enforcement's stance on this whatsoever. I assume that Osama bin Laden wouldn't have been safe journaling here though.

To reiterate weaselcracker's comments......most commercial growers (the one that cops care about, cuz they can get a better bonus busting them) NEVER post to a site like this, or any other.

Those same commercial growers prefer stealth and being anonymous above all.

I've only seen them post rarely, if ever. They do tho read it all the time :blalol: I've known a couple, they're in it for cash. Pure business.

That's not why I do it. Some things are best left non-commercial imho....

Welcome, one last bit to ad if you use your cell phone for pics turn off the GPS tag. Other wise stealth is your friend there are plenty of personal growers in the UK with journals more than you think, with carbon filters and light proof tents and boxes, no one is the wiser.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

Welcome, one last bit to ad if you use your cell phone for pics turn off the GPS tag. Other wise stealth is your friend there are plenty of personal growers in the UK with journals more than you think, with carbon filters and light proof tents and boxes, no one is the wiser.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using 420

You can always remove the metadata on your computer should you forget. Right click, properties, and it'll be in there somewhere.

Welcome to 420!

Back
Top Bottom