Getting my ducks in a row for my first photo grow

Discretepete

Hi folks, I've been growing autos for about a year now and soon I'll b grabbing up another tent and light and will have three tents rocking. Currently I'm a legal medical marijuana patient allowed to grow 12 plants at a time. I've been running autos perpetually in a 4X4 and 2X4 tent. I do both organic and synthetic because I have used one, synthetic, to begin my growing adventures, but it has been basically mirroring another individuals grows to get good results. Now I've been wandering off trying my own things and looking for what's going to suit me and my garden best. I run advanced nutrients and nectar for the gods....I have been experimenting with nectar and roots707 soil for my autos, the 707 feeds them great for the first thirty days or so than I begin adding nectar. Haven't quite dialed it in yet to a general formula but I'm almost there. I'd also like to try running nectar from start to finish in a less nutrient efficient soil. Either promix HP, or sunshine advanced ultra coir. I have both lines and all three soils.....what a mess right? So I've been highly recommended to use the nectar from start to finish with the sunshine ultra by some close friends who swear by it. I've also had great success so far using it with my advanced line as well. So I'm thinking promix might b dropped which leaves me with the sunshine ultra and roots707 for now. I've only been growing about a year so I'm still getting things tuned in to where I want. I've had pretty decent results so far honestly.....
Next I'm sure everyone's curious about what I use for lighting. I am an LED user. In my 4X4 I use a Mars 1200, and in my 2X4 I use two(2) amare technologies solar spec 150es. Both tents use passive intake to suck air conditioned air from the room they are in. My carbon filters are hung at the top of my tent and air is pulled out of the tents and exhausted outside.
Soon I'm going to give my first photo run a try but haven't determined what's going to b best. I have five fem photo beans....2 Frisian duck and 3 Burma diesel. I'm planning ahead yet on the photos so right now it's just autos. Hope I can share some useful info And learn some stuff as well....
I forgot to add that I work at my local grow shop, just started, and will b learning a lot from there as well and getting things dialed in even better. I'm fairly knowledgeable about growing in general and have a good start I think. I'm pretty excited about getting doing photos but not excited about changing my setup and waiting for what seems like for ever for harvest lol....hope I covered most of my bases and thanks for reading in. Hope to see everyone around! Sharing one!!!!

Sounds pretty legitimate to me... Photos I think are more fun to grow... They take longer yes, but the size and stature of your plants is limitless. Goodluck with getting things started... I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the upcoming journal, if you plan on doing one here.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom