Hello all! New to smoking and new to the site - Questions about the Catatonic strain

Sybilcutt

Hi there! Just wanted to introduce myself. My situation and ask a question or two.

I've been dealing with Crohn's disease for 4 years now. Have been on all types of pain killers and a plethora of different medications to keep my condition under control.

Finally decided the ditch the painkillers and hopefully (eventually my ambian) and supplement with medical marijuana. So I picked up my rec and have tried a couple strains. I'm still in the process of figuring out what I like so far, but more importantly what I like about it, why it works for me and what in the strain is doing it for me.

I only really have two to compare but I am hoping someone might be able to help get me started on the right path to figure it out.

So my question is as follows:

I originally picked up a strain called Catatonic. And LOVED it. The reason why is I have almost no head change from it. I don't feel "high" (as far as an overactive thought process) I always get paranoid when I hit soemthing with High THC and hate it. I'm hoping that after building a tolerance this will go away at some point. But that's beside my point for now. With the catatonic I experienced this insanely strong body buzz. Almost reminiscent of my painkillers. Not talking about the pain killing properties, but the euphoric relaxed body feeling. It's absolutely what I want from a bud.

I went on to assume this was the high CBD content and thought "woah I thought cbd didn't do anything to you as far as physically feeling it." So thinking it was the CBDs that caused my nice body buzz, I picked up another strain called HarlySue. Same type of high cbd strain. It has a much higher cbd content, But with an even lower thc content than the catatonic. However the effects of the HarlySue are nowhere near as pleasant as the catatonic. I don't feel it as much. I can smoke 3-4 bowls of it and just feel a semi-relaxed feeling.

So, I went on to think ok maybe it was the THC mixed with the cbd in the catatonic that made me feel that good. And tried an edible 1:1 cbd:thc and it got me stupid high. It was a body high but way to overpowering. (Which leads me to another question for another topic, without going into it too much. I had tried a cheap little 3 dollar 1:1 5mg/5mg candy and it did absolutely nothing to me. But then i tired a 10mg/10mg candy and it destroyed me, not sure why that was, but again, that's for separate post)

Anyway. To sum it up. I'm not sure what it was about the catatonic that does it for me l, why it contains that property and what other strains are like it that will give me a similar body high without being overpowering. I know it's trial and error but I figured joining a forum might help enlighten me quicker. Or at least help me figure out which direction to start searching.

Thanks everyone. Nice to meet ya!

Hey, and welcome! I too have something similar to chrons(could be ibs or ibs as well), though I'm still going through medical things too rule out other possibilities. I will tell you that I have been using the strain pre 98 bubba and it has been working wonders for my appetite and my abdominal pain. This strain has about 15% CBD and around 10 % THC. I would really recommend trying that strain! Also I don't know if you have been introduced to juicing cannabis leaves but that is also very good for gastro issues.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom