TeachMe

TeachMe

Hey guys hope your all well and good today :)
i am a first time grower very enthusiastic about seeing the process of cannabis growth from start to finish, I bought 3 super skunk seeds and only managed to bring 1 to life, then my landlord had to re-decorate so i couldn't continue my grow so after 2 days of light i had to just put it on the windowsill in a pot, there it stayed for 6 months ...... luckily she has kept alive and blossomed into a beautiful 30 inch plant,... i have now gone back home and cleared out my walk in closet (which is only 2 and a half feet by 2 and a half feet and 9 feet tall) is this enough room?? and will my plant be ok to go straight under the light???? also how far should my plant be from the light???
I also have a small circulation fan and a 4 inch extractor fan ?? is this enough and does anybody have any advice on where to position them for best circulation??
i appolagise in advance for this long essay, i just really want to get it right and enjoy the journey :)
i have all the tools , i have the space and i have a lovely looking plant i just need a bit of guidence lol

thanks and all the best guys x

Howdy TM!
What kind of light or lights are you using?
I Would use your fan on the low setting if if it does not oscillate and try just to keep the air moving up towards the light to help remove excess heat.
Depending on what kind of light will determine how far from the plant you need to keep it. Generally you want the light as close to your girl as you can without feeling to hot on her. If using fluorescent bulbs hold your hand under the light and count to 10 if it gets hot its to close. That's the way I do it anyhow. Same with HPS lights. LEDS should be around 18+or minus inches.
Getting the heat out is a big factor. You want to shoot for no more than 80 degrees if possible but they can take it a little warmer.
Good Luck and maybe give a little more info that way the fine folks here will try to make sure you get the best results from your grow!
formerly:thumb:

Howdy TM!
What kind of light or lights are you using?
I Would use your fan on the low setting if if it does not oscillate and try just to keep the air moving up towards the light to help remove excess heat.
Depending on what kind of light will determine how far from the plant you need to keep it. Generally you want the light as close to your girl as you can without feeling to hot on her. If using fluorescent bulbs hold your hand under the light and count to 10 if it gets hot its to close. That's the way I do it anyhow. Same with HPS lights. LEDS should be around 18+or minus inches.
Getting the heat out is a big factor. You want to shoot for no more than 80 degrees if possible but they can take it a little warmer.
Good Luck and maybe give a little more info that way the fine folks here will try to make sure you get the best results from your grow!
formerly:thumb:

Hey man thanks for getting back to me so fast :)
im using a 600w hps, as i said my grow space is rather small but i have the light right at the top of the space so it doesnt overheat the girl.
She is really big already and after one 12 hour session she looks really perky
iv also got a fresh air tube from the window into the growspace which hopefully is keeping it cooler.
where im from it doesnt get too hot even tho summer is apparantly here so im hoping the temperature stays good.
is there anyway to check if plants getting too much heat without a thermometre ??
thanks again and sorry im rabbitting on :) peace x

is there anyway to check if plants getting too much heat without a thermometre ??

:welcome: Plants like a "nice" climate.
Put your face into your grow space, at plant level; it should feel like a nice, warm, slightly breezy day :thumb:

Also, place a bug filter on your air intake and try to extract warm air from the top of the grow area :goodluck:

:welcome: Plants like a "nice" climate.
Put your face into your grow space, at plant level; it should feel like a nice, warm, slightly breezy day :thumb:

Also, place a bug filter on your air intake and try to extract warm air from the top of the grow area :goodluck:

Thanks man appriciate it, il locate a bug filter from somewhere or is it possible to make one out of hourhold objects?
also am i best to have my light running at night ?? does anyone have thoughts on this ??
thanks again guys your all great :)

Thanks man appreciate it, i'll locate a bug filter from somewhere or is it possible to make one out of household objects?

Tights are always good :thumb: But not fishnets :high-five: Duct Tape is a man's best friend.

also am i best to have my light running at night ?? does anyone have thoughts on this ??

Stick to daylight hours, night lighting is only for desert climates (Cold Nights, Hot Days)

I had to get rid of all my grow equipment which was painful but unavoidable. It's like God doesn't want this plant to grow lol she has been through the mill lived on a windowsill for 8 months then in a garden for 2 months then someone said try put her in the shed at night and see what happens...

I did this for a month and now she is covered in buds and is 50 inches high.

I do t know how she survived but my god what a heroic plant.

How will I know when she is ready ?? As she lives outside and uk is getting colder should I harvest ??

50/50 orange to white hairs on buds
420-magazine-mobile2063179944.jpg

420-magazine-mobile914653617.jpg

This is like a magic grow that has defied all odds any advice would be great ✌️

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A good way to check for certain is to get a magnifier and check the trichomes on your buds. There's no one way that is correct for this my friend, aslong as they are not see thru your good. its down to how you like your smoke :) when they are all a milky cloudy colour then you can take them down, if you want a more of a couch lock high then wait for the trichomes to get get amber and golden. Also make sure that the buds have swelled up as you get around 25% of your harvest in the last 2 weeks.
Hope this helps brother, nice to see fellow uk grower.
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mate that has helped massively . thanks a lot man I feel as though they could be ready now but like you said earlier I'm gonna take that to mean leave it another week .

There feels like there is more space and the buds want to grow more but I don't have the heat to give them. Massive learning curve this one.

Will it upset plant if I snagged a lower branch to test some maybe or is this a no no ?? Sorry for hassling you with questions bro .

Bro it's all good no hassle here :)
I am literally looking at mine thinking the same thing ha!
Could do with a Lil smoke lol I have took samples before and not noticed stress on the plant, in actual fact mate many people harvest in stages as different bud sites mature at different times depending on the hight of the site. I have never done this but many swear by it to get a harvest that is similar quality throughout. Il snap a pic now to show you what I mean by swollen up.
Yes my friend the knowledge is the most important thing. just imagine how much you would do differently if starting a grow now compared to how you started this one ? :)
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

See how the buds look swollen like they have seeds in, even though they haven't. That's what I mean as some strains the hair colour change can be misleading.

Trigg thanks a lot bro I'm humbled by your help they look real good mate and tidy lol mine look like they've been to a stag do.

Cheers man il holla at you again no doubt if that's cool .

Absolutely bro always nice to chat to a fellow uk grower :) keep me updated with the latest, love to see the end result.
All the best my friend,
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Back
Top Bottom