Hey everyone - CFL grower

daddycool420

Hi every one. This is my first post so I thought I would show use some pics of my current cfl grow. Tell me what you think, bigger plant is 7 weeks into veg smaller ones are 2 weeks veg. I am thinking that my bigger plant is male :(

20160722130637_IMG_0430.JPG
20160716184340_IMG_0348.JPG
20160722161711_IMG_0464.JPG
20160716184053_IMG_0344.JPG
20160722130643_IMG_0431.JPG
20160722160847_IMG_0442.JPG
20160722161647_IMG_0462.JPG
20160722130649_IMG_0432.JPG
20160722130658_IMG_0433.JPG
20160716184053_IMG_0344.JPG

Looks really nice do you know what strain they are? any close ups on the male?? what lighting schedule are you using?

They look really healthy :goodjob: and :welcome:

:welcome: to :420:
They look great!
I'm not seeing any studliness in either one...yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks really nice do you know what strain they are? any close ups on the male?? what lighting schedule are you using?

They look really healthy :goodjob: and :welcome:

Hi spart thanks for the comment, the strain is unkown they are just bag seeds :( wish I knew though. They are currently on 18/6 schedule growing in 60% organic soil and 40% perlite. I am feeding them thrive and seaweed extract. I will try and get some close up picks of suspected male later today :thanks:

Normally a plant won't show sex or pre-flowers until about 10-15 days into a 12-12 lighting schedule, unless they are autoflowers. Some strains have been known to go a full month before showing there lady parts. Chances are you're seeing new growth or the budding sites. Who old is the suspected male?

Oh ok it is defiantly not new growth they kinda look the the crab claw people talk about but one side of the suspected male parts or budding site is longer than the other the plant is 7 weeks old in veg

I usually have 1 more of the bigger cfls but one blew today :( looks like another trip to bunnings, I was going to put a few more in anyways and probably time to put a few 2700k lights in ready for flower

Sorry for all the post. I have also noticed as you can see in my pics that all the smaller plants I have topped have started growing new growth out the top :/ is that strange ? My bigger plant did the same thing and grew 3 heads from the main stem. Could it just be a strong strain? Or am I heading wrong?

Unless you keep those bulbs down among the plants, they will give more light on their sides. I'd try to turn them 90 degrees and keep them just above the canopy. Still no male bits that I can see.

Unless you keep those bulbs down among the plants, they will give more light on their sides. I'd try to turn them 90 degrees and keep them just above the canopy. Still no male bits that I can see.

Hi major pita thank you for the advice I am actaully just waiting for some splitters to come of ebay then my lights will be horizontall I also have my lights with in an inch of the top canopy. Hopfully soon I will be getting a proper grow tent and using hps light for flower :thumb:

Hi! I hesitate to answer because I'm new at this and, also, because Spart will be along soon...BUT I will give it a shot: I just blew a cfl , too. What I have read is 100w (equivalent watts for cfl, eh?) per plant is good, 150w per plant is near perfect and 200 w per plant is at the high end. In that range is probably good.
Bigger pots grow bigger pot.
That big guy looks to me like he could stand defol'd but wait for Spart to say. Is it in flower? A correct toping should halt growth above the node. I think you fimmed. It's okay to let it go that way or you can try retopping it. There are several tutorials on topping and fimming.
Looking good, tho! Sounds like you have good equipment and good basic knowledge!. And you are in the right place to get great coaching》》》Spart! and also cheering and commiseration with other noobs like me!
:thumb:

Hi! I hesitate to answer because I'm new at this and, also, because Spart will be along soon...BUT I will give it a shot: I just blew a cfl , too. What I have read is 100w (equivalent watts for cfl, eh?) per plant is good, 150w per plant is near perfect and 200 w per plant is at the high end. In that range is probably good.
Bigger pots grow bigger pot.
That big guy looks to me like he could stand defol'd but wait for Spart to say. Is it in flower? A correct toping should halt growth above the node. I think you fimmed. It's okay to let it go that way or you can try retopping it. There are several tutorials on topping and fimming.
Looking good, tho! Sounds like you have good equipment and good basic knowledge!. And you are in the right place to get great coaching》》》Spart! and also cheering and commiseration with other noobs like me!
:thumb:

Hey mate thank you for the advice and help is muchly appreciated! My plan5s are currently into flower as of yesterday, basically just to check my bigger plants sex praying to buddha that its female but as it is looking I am saying male :( unfortunately because it is such a good looking plant.

So my bigger cfl is 48w equivalent to 240w and some smaller cfls that are 24w not to sure of what they are equivalent to. I did have 2 of the 48w cfls but one blew and I am yet to replace it, hopfully tomorrow I will have some time to go to the shops and get some more cfls and soil

Back
Top Bottom