Hi guys 'n' girls - Just a new member saying hi!

SmokeyOG

Hello to everyone at 420magazine. I'm a new member who has just joined up today but I'm a long time advocate, smoker and grower of the most wonderful plant God created. This year here in the UK I've been growing outdoors (Yes that's right, outdoors in the UK, I can hear the screams already) and I'm now 7 weeks into a light deprevation flower of 3 hybrid kush plants leaning on the indica heavy side. They were feminised seeds and from a reputable seed bank but as they were left over from some seeds we had shipped a few years ago I can't remember the exact genetics or Seedbank other than its a feminised hybrid kush variety with a flower time of 7-9 weeks and displays slight red, black, purple hues and smells like cotton candy. I'm now 7 weeks into flower to the day using the light deprevation technique (today is day 49) and I have 50/60% receded pistils and mostly cloudy but a few clear trichomes. I use the light dep technique because flowering cannabis outdoors in the UK after September yields poor results so I manipulate the seasons myself. I've been growing on and off for 20 years and I still learn something new about oeur lovely ladies everyday and I'm here to learn more and improve my outdoor growing technique. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all here at 420 and I'd like to post some facts and photos about my grow this year and gauge some feedback from you all here, as I said I always want to learn more. I think I'm going to chop my kush in the next 7 days I'm just waiting for some Amber trichomes and then I'm culling. Oh also before I forget I use soil and the typical nutrients for different stages of growth. They were recently PK 13/14'd and bloom boosters have been used throughout the flower period, as has molasses and the occasional dose of Epsom salts. Everything has run smoothly so far but it's now the critical golden window and I'm freaking out about bud rot coming along and ruining it all. Hopefully my man made rain shelter is doing the job and keeping those kolas dry. Anyway lovely 420 people I'm rambling as I just hit the blue cheese so I'll shut up now. Hope to get to know you all real soon. Smokey OG.

Re: Hi guys n girls, just a new member saying hi!!

Thanks dude. I have grown indoors myself many times but the last 2-3 years I've gone outdoors for a few different reasons. The first being cost, it's much cheaper outdoors as the light is free but it has its downside as I only have the time to force 2 crops before the light dwindles too much. Here in the UK sunlight can be poor at times so I'm definitely going to dig out the old HPS bulbs and get an indoor winter grow on the go. How do I post a grow report on here do I have to use a particular thread? Also what are you growing yourself strain wise at the moment? I hoped to get an idea of everyone's choice strains so I can choose some quality seeds for my indoor grow in winter. I love both Sativa and indica for very different reasons and love a good hybrid. What popular strains on here with users?

To start a grow journal, Go to top of page to grow room pull down to Grow journals and start a new thread.Right now I have Golden Goat, Pineapple Express and Bruce Banner going.Lots of folks going with autos now, I prefer photoperoid myself, more control over my ladies. you can check out my journal below.

Ahh I love a bit of Bruce Banner to be honest. I usually use Mr Nice, Sensi Seeds, Greenhouse, Royal Queen......basically all the usually suspects but I'm hearing loads of good stuff about Dinafem. They are gonna be getting some of my money soon for sure the results I see from Dinafem are outstanding. I only have my 3 outdoor kush girls right now (not even sure they are suitable for outdoors) but they are flowering heavily and seem pretty mould resistant. I'm gonna have a few pics up soon and hope to hear your thoughts. They aren't under ideal conditions here in the northwest UK but they are fattening up nicely and all but ready to come down. Then it's time for the shed conversion into a grow space for my lights. I'd love to see pics of your grow if you have any links mate?

Good morning and welcome to :420: SmokeyOG.
Sounds like you got loads of experience and some good ladies growing over on that side of the world.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing more about your grows.

Welcome to the grow family smokeyOG, glad to hear your excitement for the finale. Have you got any pics up yet, what are you using to deprive them of light? Hope to see a journal up soon, be sure to let us know when you do.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thankyou. I use a metal garden shed I bought especially for flowering. I installed a ventilation/extraction system, light proofed it and fitted a few fans around inside to combat the UK humidity (Botrytis is an active killer round here). The shed itself is only 8 ft by 8 ft wide and 9 ft in height at its highest central point. It works perfectly for light deprivation as it has no windows and it's almost totally lightproof, I took care of the areas that leaked. The only downside is I physically have to move the three 4 gallon containers they are in every morning at 7am and every evening at 7pm. My life revolves around them and this is why I'm moving to lights during the winter. The natural way isn't as easy as many people think in this climate. It's worth the hard work though.

I'm working on getting my pics up as we speak. I have photos from first sprout seedling to today and I'm just organising a journal/ photo diary type thing and then they'll all be up. I'm not great with technology (old school stoner who can't be bothered) so I'm currently learning to navigate the site and edit my own profile. I've not even found how to put a profile pic up yet :) And I'm trying to do it all from an iPhone lol. All help and hints are welcomed. Thanks in advance guys. Happy smoking #StayHigh

My signature below has some good links to get you started posting pics and maybe even sharing a journal with us. Your shed sounds great except for the daily hauling of mega plants. But it needs to be done, good on you for sticking to it, I'm sure it's not easy. Can't wait to see what's cooking.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom